Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Whole Lotta Randomness..

I have so many things I want to blog about, so here goes in no particular order.


  • My mother in law has been back in the hospital since last Friday, because her white blood cell count is low. I hate, hate that she has to go through this every time she has a chemo treatment! Cancer is an evil disease! Hopefully she will be out of the hospital very soon!!!!


  • I am finally getting my hair done tonight, cut and colored. I have been putting it off and off, because we are trying to save money for the new house and I didn’t want to spend $200 + on my hair! Lucky for me my former stylist, Jessica who now works at another salon (over an hour away) offered to come to my house tonight and do my hair for more then half the price! She is buying the products at Davidson’s (a beauty supply store that has salon quality products for an insanely good price, unfortunately you have to me a licscned hair stylist to go there) and coming after she gets off work to do my hair! Yay!!!


  • One of Daniel’s co-worker’s mother passed away from a long battle with Breast Cancer last Friday. Daniel is going to the viewing tonight. My thoughts and prayers are with J and his family.


  • We have a wedding to go to Saturday and I have no idea what to wear. It is my cousin’s stepdaughter’s wedding. It’s going to be outdoors on my cousin’s farm (which is beautiful). I don’t think it is going to be a super formal affair, but I still have no idea what to wear. Any ideas?


  • I have to start packing for the move soon. I am dreading it, I hate packing! I really need to get in a routine for cleaning our house. I just cleaned it Saturday and it looks horrible already. When we get home from work I feed Cecilia and try to entertain her. while Daniel or I cook dinner and then it’s time to feed C again, time for her bath, another feeding (my girl likes to eat) and when I put her down for bed it’s usually 8:30 – 9:00. By that time I am exhausted and ready for bed myself. Any ideas? I will say, Daniel helps out a lot, more so then a lot of my other friends’ husbands, but there’s still a lot more that needs to get done.
  • This weekend is race weekend in Dover. For those of you non-NASCAR fans it is craziness! The population of Dover almost quadruples from Thursday thru Sunday. It is like a holiday here when all of the crazy NASCAR fans and drivers come into town. Like I’ve said before NASCAR is not my favorite sport (what’s fun about watching cars go in circles?). Luckily I work in South Dover so I am not effected too much by race traffic, but north Dover can get a little crazy. We used to go out with our friends every race weekend to a local bar and make fun of all of the “race fans”, but I doubt we will go out this year.


  • I am so excited it’s officially fall! Fall is my second favorite season (after summer), I love the cool air, sleeping with the windows open, the clothes, bonfires, football and the good fall food.


  • Speaking of food. I am adjusting to the gluten-free diet. It is so, so hard! We gave away so much food over the weekend, because it contained gluten. I need to get a cook book with gluten-free recipes so I can experiment a little and maybe bake some good gluten-free desserts!


  • We are getting our first set of official family pictures taken on October 5th by one of Daniel’s high school friends, Leif. Thanks to Facebook, Daniel and Leif reacquainted and Leif told Daniel about his photography business. Check out Leif’s blog, his work is gorgeous! I am so excited to have Leif take our pictures. I really want to coordinate all of our outfits. Any ideas? The pictures will be taken outside and hopefully the leaves will be changing.


  • Check out this adorable picture of Cecilia and Daniel taken last night right before the Colts and Dolphins game on Monday Night Football.. it looks as if I am out numbered, two Colts fan to one Ravens fan. Actually make that three to one, our dog, Cari also has a Colts jersey.

1 comments:

Tim and Patience said...

This will be the first year we didnt make it to any Dover race!

yay for family pictures! If we had photos done in the fall I would do fall colors...maybe brown orange and red? Can't wait to see them!