As a teen and even into my twenties I loved watching the MTV Video Music Awards every year. This year I knew they were on, but opted to just watch one of the many repeats MTV will be running. I did see on Facebook where some of my friends’ statuses commented about Kanye being rude, but I didn’t think anything of it. Well today, I spent my lunch hour in the car dealership having my oil changed, they had the TV tuned to the local news. In came across about Kanye West interputing Taylor Swift during her acceptance speech for Best Female Video. Apparently, he went onto the stage, interrupted her and said that Beyonce was more deserving of the award!
First off let me say that I am a fan of most music genres. In fact on my IPOD, I have Kanye’s songs and Taylor’s songs downloaded. In the past few years I had lost some respect for Kayne as a person, he has a pour attitude, but I still loved his songs. Taylor on the other hand, I adore! She is so talented, she seems down to Earth and she acts like an 18 year old, not like some other celebs (ahem, Miley Cyrus) who try to be older then their actual age.
Now any respect I had for Kanye has been thrown out the window. He is ungrateful fame whore who just wants to be the center of attention. It was Taylor’s turn to speak and he had no right to interrupt her. Yes, Beyonce is talented, but so is Taylor. I think it was great later on Beyonce allowed Taylor to finish her speech.
I loved these quotes on People.com from John Rich (of Big & Rich) and Pink:
“Kanye is the biggest piece of s— on Earth. Quote Me.” –Pink
“Kanye West is a lowlife. He needs to have his a--- kicked in the middle of the stage right now! What a piece of s---! GO TAYLOR SWIFT” – John Rich
Not to leave anyone out, I texted Daniel while I was waiting (he loves Kanye’s music…)
Me: “My dislike of Kanye has gotten worse..
Daniel: “Yeah me too.”
Me: “What happened I thought you liked him.”
Daniel: “I did, until he messed with my girl!”
My husband thinks Taylor Swift is adorable (which she is). So for now on, I will not buy anymore of Kayne’s songs, CDs…when a song of his is on the radio I will turn it.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Really, Kanye?
Posted by Mindy at 3:42 PM
Labels: celeb gossip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Great post. Yes Kanye is a tool and he continued to confirm it at the VMAs. I felt horrible for Taylor. Oh well she handled it very gracefully, as did Beyonce. I can't believe they still let Kanye into these things, at least they should have security keeping their eye on him or something. He comes across as an immature entitled whiner. Love Taylor.
Post a Comment