Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Friday Friend (a little late)

This Friday (or Tuesday’s) Friend is my good friend, Emma. I met Emma in 2006 when she started dating one of Daniel’s friends. Emma had just moved to Delaware from England, where she had lived for the past for several years while her father was in the military. Emma’s father is America and her mom is British. Emma and I joked that were BFFs at First Site, because we instantly became friends. We both had (and still have) a love of trashy tabloid magazines and websites (Us Weekly and Perez to be specific).

Through the years Emma and I have went through a lot together and through it all we have stuck by one another. Emma and that friend (or ex-friend) of Daniel’s broke up (very good move on her part!) and she is now married to a wonderful guy, Shaun! Shaun is one of the nicest people I have ever met and is what I believe the perfect guy for Emma. They are expecting their first child, a son next month. Emma got us in the "separation" from the ex! :)

I am so happy that Emma and I will begin the next stage of our lives together, raising babies! I am looking forward to a lot of play dates, birthday parties, soccer games and cookouts with our family and Emma and Shaun’s! I can’t wait to meet Gage (the baby to be) and with the two wonderful parents he has he is going to be a great, great kid and hopefully my future son-in-law (I can dream, right? The kid is going to be gorgeous with parents like Emma and Shaun and I want cute grandbabies).

Emma, you have been one of the best friends I could have asked for the past four years. We have gone through more in these past four years then most friends have in a lifetime. I am so glad to have you in my life! I am looking forward to this next stage of our life, but I’ll never forget the crazy times we’ve had together! “That changes everything…..” can apply to so much more in our lives then just poker.. (It’s just not the same without Billy Mac saying it!)

A few pictures of Emma (and I) through the years.


Emma caught the boquet at our wedding.


All the pregnant ladies at my shower (Emma is the only one who hasn't had her baby).


Emma and Cecilia

P.S. I serached and searched for a picutre of just Emma and I, but couldn't find one! As much as the two of us hang out you would think I'd have a ton of pictures of us together. Not so! :(

1 comments:

Julie said...

I wasn't sure where to reply...so here I am! R has passed the BEC and Regulation parts, and he will take the Auditing part the first week of October. He has until the end of January to pass his last 2 parts or the first one he passed will drop off. It's crunch time, so he is really stressing out about it.

He readily admits he's not a good test-taker in general, but I think the key to success is how much time you put in studying. He figured that out the hard way and now dedicates almost every bit of free time to studying.