Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Just Our Luck....

I am so mad right now! As you know, we put an offer in on the land over three weeks ago, we still do not have a contract on it! The seller responded and accepted our offer, but apparently the bank has a lien on the land and they have not accepted our offer yet! I am getting so frustrated and impatient with the stupid bank. I told Daniel to contact our real estate agent and tell him that if we don’t hear anything from the bank by Wednesday, we are pulling the offer and making an offer on another piece of land.

This development where we have the current offer in at would have been perfect! It is RIGHT on the Maryland line, so we would have been closer to my parents and family in Maryland, but still only a half hour from work and twenty minutes from Daniel’s parents. The other development we are looking at is a half hour north of where we currently live. It has its pros and cons too. The pros are it’s in a school district we like, and once Cecilia gets the age to go to school we wouldn’t have to school choice her to another district (like we would for elementary school in the other development). It is also closer to a daycare provider that I would love to send Cecilia too (she is a good friend of my family’s and now lives in Delaware, I grew up with her girls in Maryland). I love that this development is bigger then the other development. This development is less then ten minutes from Daniel’s dad. The cons are it is farther away from my parents (a half hour away), our lot size will be smaller by a half acre and we most likely will not be able to put a basement in here. I hope the bank gets back to our realtor soon!

The thing that makes me the most mad? My grandfather sold the land for the development (like ten acres) to the current owner (the one who has the lien against the property) FIVE years ago! It is funny how things come full circle….

0 comments: