Last night my hair stylist turned friend, Jessica came over to cut and color my hair. I loved seeing Jess again, it had been at least six months since I last had her cut my hair. It is amazing the relationship you develop with your stylist. Jess and I met about three years ago when a new salon opened in the Dover area. After talking we realized we both were from Maryland and graduated from the same high school, except I graduated in 2001 and she graduated in 2005. She said she did remember me in high school, but I had no idea who she was. Anyway, we quickly became friends and she always did a phenomenal job with my hair.
Unfortunately, Jessica left the salon she was working at and started working at a salon back in Maryland. I missed her, but her new salon was a lot pricier then her old salon and it was an hour away. I did find a new stylist here in Dover, but she wasn’t Jessica…. Thanks to the wonderful world of Facebook, Jessica and I still kept in touch. She ended up sending me a message saying she would love to see the baby and if I wanted her to she would come and do my hair for me. So we set a date for last night.
We had a great time catching up and we actually ended up finding out that we are related in a round about way. It just shows that if your family has lived in the small county where I am from for over 50 years that you are related to everyone somehow. I dated this guy high school for two years and then after we broke up and my great uncle was doing our family tree, I realized that his great grandmother and my great grandmother were cousins. Which is why my husband is from an entirely different state!
Anyway, I am not crazy about my hair and it’s my own fault! I told Jess I wanted something different. I wanted to go darker for the fall and I told her to do dark brown lo lights. I also told her I wanted my hair cut shorter, when she asked how short I wanted the longest layer I showed her and after she cut it (how I asked) I realized it was way TOO short. My hair grows back extremely fast so I am not too worried about it.
Oh and by the way I hope everyone likes my new layout! Thanks to The Cutest Blog on the Block for the free layout and Trace at Style Klutz for the recommendation.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
I did it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Mindy- the blues are REALLY hard to see.... other than that i like the new page!
where are the pics of the hair??
Post a Comment