Today marks a sad and happy day for our family. My mother in law begins what is hopefully her last series of chemo treatments. In July she had surgery, which removed the tumor, her uterus, one of her kidneys and part of her intestines. A cat scan showed that all the cancer was gone, but to be on the safe side the doctors at Hopkins want to do one more series of treatments just to make sure that they get all of the cancer, incase anything is not showing on a cat scan or ultrasound. Paula will have to go through three more rounds of chemo, with her last treatment in December.
It is a happy day, because Paula is beginning her last series of chemo. It is also a sad day, because I hate what chemo does to her body and how she feels afterwards. I am praying that come December our family won’t ever have to hear that evil “C” word again. Cancer is an awful thing and I hate seeing anyone go through it, more less a loved one. This past weekend we celebrated, Paula’s 50th Birthday down to their beach house.
I will have a weekend recap later on tonight.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Here We Go Again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment