Friday, September 4, 2009

Friend Fridays

Friend Fridays




Since my life isn’t the most exciting, I decided I would do something other bloggers are doing and do posts on certain topics on certain days of the week, like yesterday’s Thankful Thursdays. So for now on every Friday, I will do Friend Fridays. My friends are so important to me and I talk about them a lot on here, but this will give you a little more background information on how I know them.

My first Friend Friday I am going to start off with one of my few friends who actually reads my blog and one of my bestest (I know that is not actually a word) and longest friends, Patience or Paish as I call her.


Anyway, I don’t remember exactly when and how I met Paish. I believe it was within the first week of sixth grade in our first year of middle school.Our middle school had three different elementary schools go into the same middle school, so it was a culture shock to go from knowing the same kids kindergarten through fifth grade and then meeting all of these "other" kids. Luckily, I ended up making some life long friends from the big merge! Paish and I were friends in middle school, but it wasn’t until freshman year of high school that we really became close. High school was so new and overwhelming for us, I am glad I had Paish to go through that with.


Our sophomore year of high school, I had a class with her twin brother, Jered. It was the first time Jer and I had actually had any interaction besides me just being, “Patience’s friend” and him, “Paish’s brother.’ During that class (which was Algebra II I believe), Jered and I developed a friendship which eventually led to more. I remember I was scared to tell Paish that I liked her brother She found out eventually and her reaction was, "Ew! Really? My BROTHER?" Jered and I dated off on and on throughout the rest of high school and into college. You would think dating her brother would of caused our friendship to suffer, but it did anything, but. Jered and I went on double dates with Paish and her boyfriend (who was an asshole..) at the time. Luckily, Jer and I had a good break up and still remained friends. I think Patience was more then relieved when I wasn’t dating him.


We both went to different colleges, I decided to stay closer to home in Maryland and Patience went away to school in Virginia. On one Christmas break (I think sophomore or junor year) I begged Patience to come to a party with me. The guy I was dating at the time, Tom was throwing a 30th Birthday Party for his roommate, Tim. I had intended on setting Paish up with Tom and Tim’s other roommate, Mike. Plans changed though and when we arrived at the party, Paish instantly was attracted to Tim instead and well, Tim was attracted to Patience. Paish actually showed Tim a new way to open a beer bottle (the talent us Caroline County girls have..haha) and it was love at first sight from there. Patience and Tim began dating and I dumped that douche bag and loser roommate of his (after a few more awesome parties at their town house). At first Patience and Tim claimed they weren't serious, but I knew otherwise. They began dating long distance and by Paish’s senior year of college they were engaged.


On a very hot July day in 2005 (the 30th to be exact) Patience and Tim got married. I was thrilled when they asked me to be in their wedding. I don’t remember much of the day of the wedding (no, I was not drunk), I ended up almost fainting when Tim and Patience were saying their vows. Between a combination of the heat and the fact I just had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled earlier that week I was not feeling the best. Luckily I didn’t faint though.


Then on May 19, 2007 Patience was one of my bridesmaids when Daniel and I got married. Luckily, she didn’t almost pass out at my wedding! 2009 has been a big year for Paish and I, we both became mothers for the first time. I am looking forward to having Cecilia and Ben grow up to be friends just like Paish and I did. After getting married, Patience also made the move from Maryland to Delaware and her and Tim live about an hour north of Daniel and I. We are hoping within the next few years they'll move closer!


Thank you, Patience for being there for everything the past fifteen years (wow we are old!). You have been one of my best friends and I couldn’t imagine my life without you in it. Never forget the fun we’ve had.. Caroline County dirt roads, riding the “loop” in Easton, stripper poles, “Is your name Dave or Tom or Bob

?”, “Mindy and Patience specials”, Black Friday shopping 3 AM at Christiana Mall, Summerfest, Tequila shots, the joys of morning sickness and many other wonderful memories! Love you girl!


Patience & I on her wedding day


Patience & I at my bridal shower


Patience & I on my wedding day


Me (almost 9 months pregnant with Cecilia) & Patience (five months pregnant with Ben) at my baby shower


Aunt Patience & Cecilia


Me & Ben

3 comments:

Trace said...

What a great story and a sweet friendship! Love the pictures!

Tim and Patience said...

I feel so special!!! Thanks Mindy! I have tons of other pics we could add to those! ANd it wasn't Tim's 30th birthday party...he turned 26.. (he's only 32 now!) I am glad we are doing the mother thing together because it means tons more memories!

Mindy said...

Wow! I just added four year onto Tim! Tell him I am sorry!