We are getting closer and closer to moving into our new house. Everything is finally starting seem real to me! While I was sick on Friday, our house was delivered to our lot. You may ask what I mean by delivered. We are building a pre-fab or modular home from Beracah homes. All this means is that our house was built in a factory instead of actually being built on our lot. We debated for months on what kind of house we wanted; I was so against the pre-fab idea in the beginning. I associate, pre-fab homes with doublewides and trailers. I did not want that!
It took a lot of convincing from Daniel for me to even consider talking to our builder, who is a seller of Beracah Homes. The way he actually convinced me was when we were driving somewhere and I saw this huge house. It reminded me something out of a movie such as Gone With The Wind, it had a nice front porch and a balcony the same size upstairs. I commented on how I loved that house, Daniel said “well it’s a pre-fab.” I looked at him and told him there was no way, that house was a pre-fab, it looked stick built.
The next week we met with our builder, Steve and the rest is history. I did my research and found out that there is no difference when it comes to the resale value between pre-fab and stick built homes. I talked to several realtors and they assured me the resale value is the same. Then Daniel and I took a tour of the Beracah factory and I saw that the houses were built exactly the same as a stick built, but only in a factory. The factory is a weather controlled environment, so we wouldn’t have to worry about rain or snow getting in the way of our house’s construction.
So here is our house! Daniel took a ton of pictures of them actually putting the house together, I’ll post them later.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
We have a house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Wow, that really speeds up the whole house-building process. You'll be moving in no time. How exciting!
very cute can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment