I was up bright and early on Christmas Day, I am talking like 5:00. I wanted everything to perfect for when my family came over for breakfast. Finally around 7:30, Daniel rolled out of bed, so we woke Cecilia up (she never sleeps until 7:30 when we want her to!) and took her out to show her what Santa had brought.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the tree before we started opening presents.
Cecilia is checking out her stocking..she sees her Yogurt Melts.. And a new book about dump trucks, that daddy can read to her. Who says girls can’t read about trucks too?
I did manage to get a good picture of Cecilia, my dad and her new ball. Who knew a ball that costs under $2.00 could bring so much excitement to a baby?
We had a wonderful breakfast with my family, I really wish I documented it more with my regular camera.
We said our goodbyes to them and got ready for Daniel’s dad, stepmom and sister Lauren who would be over around lunch time. They didn’t want to the traditional Christmas dinner and offered to bring Capriotti's Subs. At first I was kind of offended, I wanted to cook the traditional dinner, but Daniel told me not to worry about it, so I shrugged it off. Everyone had their subs, and then it was on to open gifts.
Once again, I didn’t get the camera out until after gifts had been opended. I was able to get a few really good shots of Cecilia and my sister in law, Lauren.
This one of Cecilia, Lauren and Lauren’s boyfriend, Ryan is my favorite!
After they left, we were able to rest a little and then we decided to go over to my grandparents to see my grandmother. She didn’t feel well enough to come to breakfast that morning so we wanted to bring her gift to her. I don’t know how much longer she’ll be with us, so it was important to me to see her this Christmas.
After they left, we were able to rest a little and then we decided to go over to my grandparents to see my grandmother. She didn’t feel well enough to come to breakfast that morning so we wanted to bring her gift to her. I don’t know how much longer she’ll be with us, so it was important to me to see her this Christmas.
On our way over there we stopped by our new house and checked out the progress, they had just started our front porch on Christmas Eve.
It looked so lonely on Christmas night, I can’t wait to spend next Christmas there.
My grandmother was happy to see us and even happier to see Cecilia. Cecilia loved spending time with her great grandparents too.
Cecilia and my grandmother playing on a toy Mom mom had her house.
Cecilia and my Pop pop
My grandparents loved seeing Ci! I am so glad they are around to see her grow up, I can only hope that they'll be here forever.
After visiting my grandparents for a few hours, we went home, fed Ci her dinner and gave her a bath. Then she relaxed and played with one of her new toys.
This is one of my favorite pictures of her and Daniel that I have ever taken, like father, like daughter.
We had a wonderful Christmas, and it was nice to stay home and have everyone over to our house. I look forward that tradition for years to come!
1 comments:
Your new house is gorgeous!!! I know you will love spending the holidays there next year.
And your daughter was precious in that dress. Where did you get it?
~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com
Post a Comment