We celebrated Christmas Eve at our house with Daniel’s mom’s side of the family which consists of his mom, stepdad, stepsister, Tammy, her husband, Bill and our niece Karra. I decided to only have finger foods for dinner that night, I knew everyone had a sit down dinner planned for the next day, so I thought I would keep things more informal. Since she couldn’t fly out for Christmas, Daniel’s other step-sister, Kim sent us some chocolate covered strawberries from an Arizona bakery.They were amazing! The strawberries were huge and were the juiciest strawberries I have ever had. I will definitely be visiting this bakery when we head out to Arizona in a few weeks!
Here is Cecilia with Mom mom and Pop pop M while everyone is munching on finger foods.After dinner, we got to the fun part, opening presents! I was more excited for Cecilia and Karra to open their presents then for the grownups to open theirs.
Our Christmas tree before the unwrapping began.
Me with my two favorite girls, Karra and Cecilia. Notice Cecilia sticking out her tongue, it’s her new best friend. In almost every single picture I have from Christmas she is sticking her tongue out.
Cecilia tearing into her first present.
Karra (now with the tongue) and her daddy opening presents.
Cecilia and mommy.
I love this picture of my mother-in-law, I think she looks so beautiful here!
Our annual family picture, take 1...
This Christmas Eve was extremely special to all of us. With Daniel’s mom’s cancer, we don’t know what tomorrow will bring. I am glad we were able to document the night in pictures. There was definitely a void in the room though, without Kim and Brian and Daniel’s grandfather, Red’s who passed away in April. Red’s never got to meet Cecilia, but he touched my belly when I was pregnant and talked to her. He passed two weeks before she was born.
0 comments:
Post a Comment