Friday, December 11, 2009

Five Question Friday

My Little Life
It’s that time again for Mama M’s Five Question Friday. I now look forward to Friday’s even more with the anticipation of Five Question Friday. If you are new to my blog, welcome! Please comment, I love getting comments and I promise to visit your blog and return the favor.
I appologize in advance for the formatting issues on this post, I keep fixing them, but yet Blogger publishes them wrong.

1. Does Santa wrap the presents he leaves at your house?

Of course!! Santa even uses his very own wrapping paper, my parents one year ran out of wrapping paper for Santa’s gifts and wrapped both sets of presents in the same paper. Of course, I questioned it and my mom said Santa must of ran out of wrapping paper and used theirs. I didn’t think anything of it. Anyways, I think unwrapping presents is one of the best parts of Christmas, if you were to just walk out and see your gifts unwrapped that wouldn’t be any fun!

2. When is your "big" Christmas celebration...Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Tell us about it...

Our big Christmas celebration will be Christmas morning with Cecilia. She’ll have her Christmas with Mom mom and Pop pop M (Daniel’s mom and step dad) on Christmas Eve, but her presents from Santa and mommy and daddy won’t be opened until Christmas morning.
3. Are you big on keeping tradition every year?

I am big on tradition; I like to do the same things every year. I had it as a child and growing up and I want the same for my daughter. This year one of our new traditions will be letting Cecilia open her Christmas pajamas Christmas Eve.
We also always do Christmas Eve with my in-laws and have Christmas breakfast with my parents (at our house this year, I can't wait!).
4. Do colored lights or white lights tickle your fancy?
I personally prefer white lights, I think they look more traditional, my husband favors colored lights. We have a pre-lit artificial tree with clear lights that was given to us by my parents on our first Christmas so I am getting my way..for now!

5. Do you decorate outside your house for Christmas?

The only thing I have decorated this year is candles in our windows. Next year when we are in our new house I plan on going all out. We will have a front porch which I can decorate and you better believe my hubby will be hanging Christmas lights, whether he likes it or not. I will not have any tacky blow up lawn decorations. I think the HOA forbids them in our new development (or at least I hope they do!).

4 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I love your explanation of Santa's wrapping paper, and why it suddenly changed one year!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Mama (Heidi) said...

I love your daughter's name.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I definitely recommend differnt paper for each kid that way you don't have to remember box sizes and who they go with.

Shannon K. said...

I never gave wrapping paper much thought before my husband. But he is a big believer in separate paper for Santa's stuff. I agree now, and that is what we do too.

j said...

loved reading your responses, i will cros my fingers that santa does not run out of wrapping paper this year. lol