Tuesday, December 29, 2009

We got all we wanted for Christmas AND more!

I’m baackkk.. (everyone used to tell my parents I looked like the little girl from the Poltergeist, I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing.) But anyway, I hope everyone had as wonderful as a Christmas as I did! Not only did the three family gatherings we hosted turn out great, but I managed to stay relaxed and enjoy myself rather than stress about the small things! I have pictures to upload on here, but I left my jump drive at home, so I will be doing that another day. If you are friends with me on Facebook, I uploaded some pics on there.


Christmas Eve I received an early and very unexpected Christmas present, I don’t want to reveal what it is quite yet, but it’s something I am scared and excited about at the same time. It will be a huge change for our family.

Since I don’t have pictures to upload I decided that I’d tell you guys what we got for Christmas. I have to say all of us, Daniel, Cecilia and I made out very well!


Let’s first start off with our little princess. Since this is her first Christmas Santa didn’t go too overboard with her.

He gave her, her very own laptop since she loves trying to play with mommy and daddy’s.



Then he gave her a classic toy, that both mommy and daddy remember having as a kid. She loved the rings and tried “tasting” each and every one of them. We are trying to teach her how they stack onto the post.
In her stocking Santa left Cecilia some of her beloved Puffs and Yogurt Melts







Also in her stocking was a pack of socks, a sippy cup, a toothbrush and toothpaste and some new board books!


From Mom Mom and Pop Pop M (Daniel’s mom and stepdad) Cecilia got a new dresser that matches her crib. The dresser isn’t put together yet (we aren’t putting it together until the new house, so no pictures!). She also got some clothes, a savings bond and a few toys.


From her Mom Mom and Pop Pop K (my parents), Cecilia received a new convertible car seat! (Saving mommy and daddy a lot of money, now we only have to buy one for the truck!)

Mom Mom and Pop Pop K also got her some more toys (a stuffed Elmo, a toy cell phone and camera) and clothes.


Mom mom and Pop pop A gave Ci some clothes, and a savings bond. Aunt Lauren gave Cecilia some of the most stylish clothes, including baby a pair of Baby Uggs. I am jealous, I want a pair! She also got her an ornament with her initial on it, unfortunately I can’t find a picture of it!

Daniel and I made out really well too! We had decided not to exchange gifts, so I stuck to this for once. I did get Daniel a few stocking stuffers, but that's all. Daniel didn’t follow this rule and Christmas morning he noticed a gift under the tree with no name on it. He gave it to me to open and inside was this:


My very first Joe Flacco Ravens jersey. I was sooo excited! (I may not be wearing it anymore though, I wore it for Sunday’s game and we lost!).

Our present from his mom and step dad is our trip to Arizona early next year to visit his sister, Kim. My parents gave us a camcorder. Now I’ll be able to upload videos on here!







My parents also gave us this:





We have been playing it every day since Christmas. I am horrible at it (I was never good at video games), but Daniel is really good. It's very similar to the original Mario Brothers that used to be on Nintendo. The only thing I don't like is that you play as a team and because I die every other second, we are only on the third level of World 1.

Daniel’s sister, Lauren did an awesome job when it came to our gifts! She made me a desk size calendar for me and each month has pictures of Cecilia. I love it! I have it hanging up in my office already, even though it’s not quite 2010 yet.


Lauren also gave us a set of monogrammed drinking glasses like these, but with an “A” on there for our last name.




AND gave us a doormat with our last name on it for the new house AND a personalized ornament for 2009.


I forgot to add, I am listening to one of my favorite gifts right now.


Daniel's mom and step dad gave me the Glee: Season One, Volume 2 soundtrack! I love, love, LOVE it! I need to go get Volume 1 so I can have it. You all know my obsession for Glee and hopefully the soundtracks will hold me over until the spring when new episodes will premiere.

I think we had a wonderful Christmas, I loved all of the gifts, but most of all I loved spending time with our families and watching Cecilia get excited opening presents (even though she was more into the wrapping paper then the actual gifts this year)! Be prepared for a post with pictures very soon!

1 comments:

Julie said...

It sounds like your family had a great holiday. We also got Super Mario Bros but I haven't played it yet. R and I enjoy playing video games together but I have a feeling he'll be ready to kick me off after a few minutes of playing.