Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Finally!

I hope everyone went out and voted yesterday! I am thrilled with the outcome of the election! I am proud to say I voted for Barak Obama. I got a lot of criticism from friends, coworkers and even my own husband for voting the way I did, but I think this country needs change!

I was made fun of last night, because I sat glued to the tv watching the election results come in. I was up until 1:30 watching election coverage. Obama’s victory speech was one of the most inspirational speeches I have ever heard! Tears came to my eyes.

My whole life my parents have kept informed on what was going on in this world. They stressed on how important it was to vote and how every vote counts. As soon as I turned 18, I registered to vote and I have voted in every election since. I hate when someone complains about the way this country or state is ran and then I find out that they aren’t even a registered voter. I am grateful to my parents for installing these values in me.

My mom bought newspapers that I can put in the baby’s scrapbook so it can see what an historical election this was! I only hope everyone comes together and supports our new president elect regardless of your party and who you voted for!

I promise I will update later tonight with a recap of last weekend! I have the post wrote, blogger didn't want to cooperate with adding pictures on Monday night.

0 comments: