Another weekend flew by us! Unfortunately this week I have to work all week without any holidays. Oh well, next week we work three days and have a five-day weekend! I am all for that!
Saturday morning I went to register at Babies R Us with my friends Amanda and Jen. I let Daniel off the hook this time! He is clueless when it comes to baby items and we did a small registry at Target on Friday (where he scanned everything and anything.) Luckily Amanda has a two-year-old son so she was able to help me out a lot more! We got to Babies R Us first thing in the morning so registering wasn’t too overwhelming and the store wasn’t that crowded yet!
After registering we went shopping at Christiana Mall. We planned to support our local mall and keep it from going bankrupt. Apparently tons of other shoppers had the same idea, because the mall was packed! I resisted picking up any outfits for baby (although Jen didn’t!). I did find some great sales on maternity clothes at Destination Maternity. I was able to get a pair of jeans and two shirts for under $50!
All that shopping made us hungry so we ate Red Robin. It was my first time at a Red Robin and I had a Red Robin Bacon Cheeseburger was AMAZING! When I saw how big it was I claimed there was no way I could eat the whole thing, well I surprised myself and ate it. It was just THAT good!!
I got home and I had to rush to make my buffalo chicken dip for a birthday party we were going to that night. My husband was nice and cooked the chicken and chopped it up for me so all I had to do was mix the ingredients and throw it into the crock pot. We made it a little spicier then usual, but everyone seemed to like it. This dip is a hit with Daniel’s friends and I never can make enough of it. We had a surprise 30th birthday party for Daniel’s good friend, Chris at our friends, Jeff and Crystal’s house. Chris wasn’t so surprised, one of our so-called friends blabbed to him the night before that we were having a party for him. It was still great to get together with our friends and have a good time!
Sunday was a very lazy day for me. I went over to my parents and relaxed by watching football all day. My Ravens got their butts kicked by the Giants. I am still kind of sad about that loss, my team disappointed me! Oh well, next week we play the Eagles at Baltimore! Out of every game this year, I really hope the Ravens win this one! I am friends with a lot of Eagle’s fans and they are always talking crap about my team (as I am with theirs) so a win this week would be nice!!! I can then come into work Monday morning wearing my purple proud!!
I am excited for this Saturday night. We are hosting our first Poker Night at our new house. We had Poker night at least once a month at our old house. I am actually kind of good at it! I have won a few games and came very close to winning a few others! As I have mentioned before I love entertaining and whenever we host poker night I am sure to make lots of food for everyone! I may try to cook chili on Saturday night. I know it won’t be as good as my friend, Patience’s, but I can try! BTW, Paish, what is your secret recipe? *grin!* Does anyone else have any good chili recipes, maybe one I can make in the crock-pot?
I will add pics later on tonight of this weekend.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Is it Monday Already?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Um.. I THINK that my secret recipe is in your family cookbook ;) however. the home grown peppers are probably it. if you want me to help make it let me know. we can probably head over early!
Post a Comment