Here is my weekend in review – even though it is a few days late! Sorry! Last night I had all intentions of doing a blog entry, but after dinner and cleaning up I was exhausted. Daniel and I sat down to watch our Monday night shows (Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men and Dancing With The Stars) and I was done for the night! By the way, on DWTS (one of my other guilty pleasures) I hope that Lance and Lacy win... I used to LOVE N'Sync back in the day and while most girls were in love with Justin...I liked Lance. Yeah, when he came out that he was gay..I didn't believe it! I am still a fan of his and I love that he was on this season's DWTS. I really hope him and Lacey win! I loved Lacey on So You Think You Can Dance.. I also really liked Julianne and Cody, but they were voted off last week. Julianne dates country singer, Chuck Wicks who is originally from Smyrna, Delaware. My brother-in-law, Bill and Daniel's cousin, Jenny are both friends with Chuck. So, I kind of feel a tie with Julianne, even though I have never met Chuck - I am still a huge fan of his and I get updates about him from Bill and Jenny.
So this weekend – originally Friday night we were going to have a date night, dinner and a movie at home. Well, our friends Jason and Brandi called us and invited us over for a practice poker game. A little background on the poker – when Daniel and I lived in our first house we started playing Texas Hold Em with a group of friends, Billy, Emma and Bill. We would only put in a couple dollars and we could play all night. It was a lot of fun and I really started to learn how to play poker. Eventually our poker games grew and a lot more people started playing. We would have up to 15 people at a time and we would have to have two tables started. Well, we have only played once since November of last year so both of us could use some poker practice.
Our date night was canceled and we went over to Brandi and Jason’s to play. It was a lot of fun, despite the snow and ice mixture I got to drive through on the way home! The normally ten minute drive from Jason and Brandi’s took me a half hour…..not fun! We played two games there, the first one Daniel came in second place (out of five people) and the second one I came in second place.
Saturday morning, I cleaned, I wanted to make sure the house looked really nice - since we were having company over and most of them have yet to see our new house. After cleaning Daniel and I sat down to watch Transformers, which we had got from Net Flix over a week ago. I was surprised by how much I actually liked it. I usually like chick flicks and I don't tend to like action movies.
We then started getting food ready for poker night. I made my Buffalo Chicken Dip which I was told I had to make by a few of Daniel’s friends. As usual I didn’t make enough, next time I will have to double up on the recipe. I also made salsa that was yummy! We attempted to make chili, but I don’t think we added enough tomatoes, it was definitely missing something!
Poker night was a success! I think everyone had a really good time, it was soooo good to see one of my best friends, Patience and her husband, Tim. Paish and I have been friends since middle school. She is one of the few friends from high school, I can still count on! Unfortunately, Tim and Paish live an hour away (she is another MD girl who made the move to Delaware) and with both of our busy schedules we don’t get together as often as we would. I attempted to teach Patience how to play poker, I don’t know if she was able to learn anything from me (hopefully she did so she can play next time!).
We had ten poker players at our house on Saturday night. We had two tables of five and the top three from each table advanced to the final round. I was one of the top three from my original table and I think I came in forth place over all so I was definitely happy with that. I would of rather won, but hopefully that will come soon!
Sunday, we went to my father in law’s to watch football. It was a nice and relaxing day as usual. My Ravens stomped on the Eagles! It was definitely the highlight of the football season so far this year for me at least. So to my cousin, Connie and her husband, Dave (and my other friends that are Eagles fans) – the Ravens are obviously the better team! I think the baby is a Ravens fan, because I felt a few kicks after the Ravens had one of their interceptions. She definitely is not an Eagles fan…that’s a good sign!
So this weekend – originally Friday night we were going to have a date night, dinner and a movie at home. Well, our friends Jason and Brandi called us and invited us over for a practice poker game. A little background on the poker – when Daniel and I lived in our first house we started playing Texas Hold Em with a group of friends, Billy, Emma and Bill. We would only put in a couple dollars and we could play all night. It was a lot of fun and I really started to learn how to play poker. Eventually our poker games grew and a lot more people started playing. We would have up to 15 people at a time and we would have to have two tables started. Well, we have only played once since November of last year so both of us could use some poker practice.
Our date night was canceled and we went over to Brandi and Jason’s to play. It was a lot of fun, despite the snow and ice mixture I got to drive through on the way home! The normally ten minute drive from Jason and Brandi’s took me a half hour…..not fun! We played two games there, the first one Daniel came in second place (out of five people) and the second one I came in second place.
Saturday morning, I cleaned, I wanted to make sure the house looked really nice - since we were having company over and most of them have yet to see our new house. After cleaning Daniel and I sat down to watch Transformers, which we had got from Net Flix over a week ago. I was surprised by how much I actually liked it. I usually like chick flicks and I don't tend to like action movies.
We then started getting food ready for poker night. I made my Buffalo Chicken Dip which I was told I had to make by a few of Daniel’s friends. As usual I didn’t make enough, next time I will have to double up on the recipe. I also made salsa that was yummy! We attempted to make chili, but I don’t think we added enough tomatoes, it was definitely missing something!
Poker night was a success! I think everyone had a really good time, it was soooo good to see one of my best friends, Patience and her husband, Tim. Paish and I have been friends since middle school. She is one of the few friends from high school, I can still count on! Unfortunately, Tim and Paish live an hour away (she is another MD girl who made the move to Delaware) and with both of our busy schedules we don’t get together as often as we would. I attempted to teach Patience how to play poker, I don’t know if she was able to learn anything from me (hopefully she did so she can play next time!).
We had ten poker players at our house on Saturday night. We had two tables of five and the top three from each table advanced to the final round. I was one of the top three from my original table and I think I came in forth place over all so I was definitely happy with that. I would of rather won, but hopefully that will come soon!
Sunday, we went to my father in law’s to watch football. It was a nice and relaxing day as usual. My Ravens stomped on the Eagles! It was definitely the highlight of the football season so far this year for me at least. So to my cousin, Connie and her husband, Dave (and my other friends that are Eagles fans) – the Ravens are obviously the better team! I think the baby is a Ravens fan, because I felt a few kicks after the Ravens had one of their interceptions. She definitely is not an Eagles fan…that’s a good sign!
Ed Reed returning an Interception from the Eagles in the 2nd quarter.
The Ravens Jameel McClain blocks a kick from Philadelphia's Sav Rocca out of the end zone for a safety in the 3rd quarter.
Ed Reed in the End Zone with his SECOND interception of the day. It was an interception of 108 yards..breaking an NFL record!

Need I say more?
ALL PHOTOS COURTESY OF THE BALTIMORE SUN
Overall we had a great, but busy weekend! This weekend will be another busy weekend which I am looking forward to!
0 comments:
Post a Comment