Delaware's own, Vice President Elect, Joe Biden came back to Delaware to celebrate Return Day in Georgetown. Return Day started as early as 1792 and it was originally meant to "bury the hatchet after election day." It occurs two days after election day every year. There is a parade with current and past candidates. Joe Biden came back today to Delaware and appeared in the traditional Return Day parade. I wish I was able to get off work to go to the parade. Return Day is a holiday after noon for those Delaware residents who live in Sussex County. Many of my coworkers live in Sussex County so we would of been short staffed if I had chosen to go to the parade.
The parade had its biggest turn out ever despite the rain!
Here are some pictures from DelawareOnline of the parade:
Some quotes from Vice President Elect Biden at Return Day:
“Hello Delaware, it’s good to be here. You’ve heard of Joe the Plumber, well I’m Joe from Delaware”
“And I have bad news for you: Jill and I are not leaving Delaware, I may be vice president, but we’ll be home every weekend.”
Once again, I am proud to be an American! I am still on a high from election night. I have listened to President Elect Obama's speech over and over again and it still gives me chills! I think America made the right the choice!
0 comments:
Post a Comment