Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Truthful Tuesday's: We're Have A Baby!

alt="Confessions from a Working Mom" / />

Got ya, didn't I? How many of you actually thought I was pregnant again. I wish that were true, but the only baby I have is Ci who is currently napping. (Yes, I am crazy to have a 10 month old and wanting to have another baby already!)

Anyway, it's Truthful Tuesday and Elizabeth's question this week is:

How did you tell DH (or your family) that you were pregnant?

I think I have said on here before that my pregnancy wasn't planned, but then again it wasn't prevented either. It was an August day and I was a few days late. Jokingly I told a coworker this and she said "Well let's go get a test.." I obliged and we went to Safeway which was right next to my old work and bought a test. I took the test when I got back to work and right away the two lines showed up, telling me I was pregnant. I didn't believe it so I took another test. Positive. Again. I just sat there and cried. I sent Daniel text and asked him if I could talk to him. His work was only five minutes from mine so I drove over to meet him. He met me at my car and got in with me. I just handed him the test (it was in a baggy of course). He said "Does this mean I think it does?" I shook my head and he gave me a huge hug. He was happy.

Looking back I wish I would of done something more creative, but the way I told him was special in our own little way. We told his parents and my parents that following weekend. We told his sister, Lauren by giving her a birthday card to an aunt. Lauren at first thought it was from our dog, Cari, but then when she opened it and saw it was from "your future niece or nephew expected arrival 4/2009". She didn't believe us at first and then cried with joy.

How did you tell your DH (or family) that you were pregnant? Head over to Elizabeth's blog to join in on Truthful Tuesday's!

3 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Haha, I laughed when I read that your sister thought the card was initially from your dog!

You're so NOT crazy for having one and already wanting another. I spent much of my daughter's first year pesting DH for a second child... even before I'd weaned my first! I blame it on the hormones :)

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! We didn't do anything spectacular, but I'll always remember the strong bond I felt when he hugged me after we confirmed it was positive.

Mama Bee said...

Creative or not, I think it's sweet!!