This week in ALL About MeME Monday, Mommy Brain and Supah asked us about our Must Have Moment.
I have racked and racked my brain and several things came to mind, my first CD player in 6th grade, my first Coach purse in high school and my first laptop my freshman year of college.
Recently one thing that sticks out in my mind is this baby, right here..
It was 2007 and my then fiance (now wedding) were registering for our wedding. When I pointed the gun and registered for a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, Daniel's reaction was "That is a $300 mixer! No one is going to spend that kind of money on a wedding gift." I laughed and told him that a wedding registry is like a wish list, it's the one time in our lives we can tell people what we want. Not in a million years did I expect anyone to spend $300 on a mixer, but it didn't hurt to put it on the registry. Then Daniel thought well if that's the case, then I can put a 50 inch plasma on the registry too (it got deleted later by me).
My shower came and went and no mixer. I was disappoined. No, I didn't expect anyone to buy it for us, but I already had visions of using that mixer for making my mom's amazing mashed potatos (which she uses her own Kitchen Aid Mixer to make them), I had visions of years from my wedding with two kids, a boy and a girl pouring ingredients for Christmas cookies into the mixer. I wanted it. After my shower, Daniel agreed we would use the gift cards from our shower to buy it after the wedding if I didn't get it then.
I definietly didn't expect to get it as a wedding gift. I was always told people gave money as a wedding gift, but the morning after our wedding we invited our close family and friends out for breakfast and then back to our house to open our gifts. One of the last gifts I opened was this very heavy box. I tore off one piece of paper and I saw then the glint of the Kitchen Aid red.. I immediately tore into the present.
Please ignore the glasses, it was the morning after my wedding and my contacts weren't cooperating. Our bridal party had went in together and bought it for us! Daniel joked he would never use it, but he will use it quite a bit when cooking. We love our Kitchen Aid mixer and I use it at least once a week, sometimes more. So thank you once again to our wonderful bridal party for getting us our MUST have wedding present.
Edited to add: After reading everyone else's MUST have moment posts, I realized I didn't entirely follow the rules. It should have been something from your youth....opps! In that case my MUST have moment from my youth..it had to be Cricket. Do you remember Cricket? Cricket was a doll in the late 80's that talked and sang to you. She was amazing, I had to have her. For Christmas Santa Claus brought her to me, I loved her. I carried her everywhere with me. She was on my best friends. Looking back, Cricket was kind of scary...remember Chuckie? Yeah... I think Cricket is up in my parents attic, maybe one day Cecilia will want to play with Cricket, although I highly doubt it, because of the technology of today's dolls.

Also please vote on your three favorite pictures from Cecilia's first month here for her photobook. Second month pictures will be on later tonight.
4 comments:
Meh, you didn't follow the rules - however the Kitchen Aid mixer is a must for MOST women I know! ;) I just wish now mine were a color and not white!
I STILL want one of those fancy mixers!!
Cricket is a little scary ... I think my sister had one. I've always thought those mixers are really cool, but the reality is that I am not a good cook,so I cannot justify hundreds of dollars for a kitchen appliance ... if I could, I would totally get a red one, too!
Aren't those mixers the best?! My MIL got us one for Christmas a few years ago.
Post a Comment