Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's the little things...

The last few weeks have been stressful to say the least. We moved into a new house, I started a new job with a completely different schedule and to top it off we have a very mobile almost toddler. I hate it, because I feel as if I barely see my hubby during the week. When I usually get home from work around 10:30 or 11:00 he is in bed asleep. Yesterday he took a vacation day from work to get some things done around the house (like put child proof locks on some of our cabinets). I called him as I do every night after I get off work letting him know I was on my way home. I told him about my bad night last night and he said he'd be awake I got home.

I had to make a quick stop at Walgreens to pick up milk (seriously their prices are so much less then the grocery stores) and when I got out to my car I had a text message from him it said, "Sorry babe, I am exhausted, I don't think I can stay awake anymore. I will see you tomorrow morning. Love you." Imagine my shock when I walked in the door and I saw heard music playing, I thought he left the TV on, but as I rounded the corner into our living room I saw rose petals scatterd through the living, into bedroom and into our Master Bathroom into our garden tub. Our tub was filled up with a bubble bath and candles were lit throughout our bathroom.

I racked my mind thinking of what special event it was, it wasn't Valentines day, it wasn't our wedding annivesary or even our dating anniversary. My husband came behind me gave me a huge kiss and told me to relax, read my book and enjoy a glass of wine in the tub, because he knows the last few weeks have been hard on me.

I asked him, "Where's my husband, where's Daniel?" For those of you who know D, know he is not at all the romantic type. I woke up this morning in a great mood thanks to my hubby!

P.S. I wish I would have taken pictures as proof, but I was too caught in the moment.

6 comments:

Steph said...

Awesome! What a way to end your day!

I'm a new follower! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Happy Tuesday!

Jos said...

What a wonderful surprise!! Sounds like a good man. :)

Murdock's mama said...

That is too sweet! I'm so glad I came across your blog! I'm your newest follower! :)
Hope your good mood last all week long!
Abby
www.murdocksmama.blogspot.com

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Oh wow, what a treat! I can't think of the last time my hubby did something so over-the-top romantic. I think I am going to send him the link to your post!

And Mindy... I liked ya girl, I did... but Maryland? Oh geeez (just kidding-- ya'll broke my heart-- ok, ok, just my bracket-- with the Mich. St. game-- I had ya'll going on to the Sweet 16!).

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

MollyinMinn said...

What a sweet guy! And sounds like it was well deserved.

Bethany said...

Sounds like you really deserved it. Glad you night a special night.