Woo hoo! It’s Wednesday! The week is almost over, although I have bittersweet feelings about this week ending. Friday will be my last day at my current job. We leave for Phoenix on Saturday for a week’s vacation and on February 1st I start my new job. As I have said before I am very lucky to work with a great group of people and I hope that at my new place of employment everyone gets along as well as we do here.
This week Julia asks:
As a working mom, if you suddenly became a SAHM, how do you think your life would be different?
If I became a SAHM our life would be completely different, for one we wouldn’t be building a new house, we would be downsizing and moving to a different town completely. We also wouldn’t be traveling to Arizona for a week no vacation, vacations would be no more, because unfortuatnely we could barely get by on just one income.
Being a SAHM would have its advantages too, I would be able to spend more time with Cecilia and I wouldn’t miss out on anything. Luckily, I haven’t missed out on too much with being a working mom. I would also hopefully have a much cleaner house since I would have more time in my day to do chores while Ci napped and my husband would come to a meal every night.
With that being said I have all of the respect in the world for stay at home moms, while I am insanely jealous that you get to stay at home with your little ones, I know that it’s not as easy as it looks from the outside. I know that your job never ends and that being a SAHM is one of the hardest professions ever.
Luckily for me with my new job I kind of get the best of both worlds. I get to spend more time with Cecilia since I don’t have to go into work until 2 and I get Wednesday and Thursday off. We still get the new house that we have wanted for so long now. and with the pay increase at the new job we will be able to save more money for family vacations! Sure the schedule at the new job has its disadvantages, I am still pretty sour about having to work weekends, but it will be worth it the end.
If you too want to participate in Working Mommy Wednesdays head over to Julia’s blog to get in on the action. If you are visiting my blog for the first time, thanks for visiting and please leave a comment. I love getting comments and I promise to return the favor and comment on one of your blog posts.

5 comments:
um, are we long lost sisters?? my newj ob sort of flipped things upside down too. I don't like my new schedule, but it's doable. I do get to stay home in the mornings which is nice, but i'd much rather be home by 6 at night to tuck my kids in. but in the end, it's great. good luck with the move and have fun on vacation!!!!
You are right, either way you look at it - it's a trade-off. I'm lucky too that I found a job that lets me work part time hours and get paid full time pay, that way I don't miss too much time with my family. My house does sometimes suffer, but I can live with that.
I could never give up our vacations to stay at home, the kids look forward to them!! I too would be living in small house instead of in my dream house (the house I wanted ever since I was a kid!!). Great post!
Hi!! I am visiting from Julia's!!
Good Luck with your new job and the new house!! Hope everything works out beautifully for you!!
Great post!!
I think that this was a great honest answer!
For me, while petrifying, I think we could do it. I would ramp up my photography and get the desire of my heart.
Post a Comment