Monday, January 11, 2010

Winning is fun!

I really don’t know what my husband would do if I wasn’t a football fan. He then would have a nagging wife who constantly complained that he spent too much time watching football, but then again I am sure my husband wouldn’t have married me if I didn’t like football.

It seemed like the majority of our weekend was spent watching football, I caught bits and pieces of the Bengals and Jets game on Saturday. I don’t really like being glued to the TV when Cecilia is awake, so instead we read books and played with her toys. Occasionally I would check in and see what the score was. I didn’t have a favorite in the game, but I was happy to see the Jets win with their rookie quarterback.

After Cecilia went to bed I sat down with my hubs and watched the Eagles/Dallas game. I am not an Eagles fan, I live in Eagles country and I have to listen to the stupid E-A-G-L-E-S chant even when it’s not football season. So I was rooting for the Eagles to lose so I wouldn’t have to hear their obnoxious fans at work anymore. My wishes came true and Dallas took down the Eagles.

Sunday was another day of football, Cecilia and I headed over to my parents to watch the Ravens game. I was a little late getting over there and I didn’t leave my house until 1:00. When I turned the game on the radio I heard that a touchdown had already been scored, “great I think..stupid Tom Brady and the Patriots already scored.” But then I hear the touchdown was scored by none other than the Ravens own Ray Rice! I cheered and shouted to myself (and Cecilia who probably thought I was crazy), then the next thing I know the Ravens intercepted the ball and score another touchdown! Before I even got to my parents the score was 14-0, it was going to be a good game! I rushed to my parents house and watched the Ravens beat the Patriots 33-14. It was the first time in Ravens history that we beat the Patriots! I was ecstatic! Next weekend we play the Indianapolis Colts, which is my hubby’s favorite team.

Next Saturday night will be war in our house, when the Ravens play the Colts. There will be a ton of trash talking going on between Daniel and I. Poor Cecilia will have an identity crisis, because she will be wearing her Ravens jersey with a Colts bib (that she can throw up on!) . We are also inviting a few friends over to watch the game with us; it should make for an interesting night. Food, football and friends, how much better can it get?

Here’s Ci and I in our jerseys yesterday after Ravens won, please ignore my lack of makeup and my eye brows which are in dire need of a waxing!!


3 comments:

brittney said...

yay! go ravens!! :oD

Julie said...

I had the Ravens game on in the background yesterday while I did some other stuff and I thought about you every time they scored.

Our husbands are lucky men. We were at a restaurant with friends this weekend talking about football and the server overheard us and said, "Girls talking about football. You guys better keep these two."

Shannon K. said...

You just about summed me up in your first paragraph...but of course my husband married me anyway ;)