We leave for vacation tomorrow after work. Since we have a 5:30 am flight on Saturday morning and we live a hour away from the airport, we decided just to stay in a hotel near the airport so we won’t have to wake earlier then we have to. I have yet to pack anything. Yes that’s right absolutely nothing. That is highly unusual for me. I am beginning to panic, my house is going to be a state of disarray tonight with me doing laundry and packing. I also have to clean my house, because my sister-in-law and her boyfriend will be staying there and dog sitting while we are on vacation and I would hate them to have to see my house in the state is in now.
It’s a week of packing, we have also began packing for our move. I have all of my kitchen packed, except for those few items I can’t live without (my Kitchen Aid mixer fits in that category…Daniel thought I was kidding when I said it wouldn’t go in a box and I would transport it myself to the new house), all of the pictures are down from our living room shelves. Everything looks bare. Then to top it off, I am also packing my office. I have taken all of my pictures down, I cleaned out my desk drawers and tomorrow I will give my little office one last cleaning.
Ahh! Well let me get my ass off here and begin packing!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Packing, packing and MORE packing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Safe travels, hope the weather is better for you than it is currently!
Mindy, Mindy, Mindy, don't leave for vacation yet!!! You are the winner of my Tree Nut bath & body essentials giveaway!!!
Email me (my.confessions at live.com) your mailing address so I can send it to the great folks at Tree Nut so they can send you your prize. Hopefully, it will arrive just in time for your return home-- kind of like a home coming gift!
~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom
After living out of my suitcase for a year, I have new found respect for packing... more specifically for packing very light and realizing you can where the same outfit over and over and over again.
We moved too before taking off for a year so I threw out so much; it's been such freedom to get rid of things!
Have fun. Good luck.
Post a Comment