Today I am going to do two blog carnivals in one post. I didn’t get a chance to participate in All About MEme Monday yesterday and it’s too good not to pass up and of course it’s Tuesday so it is also time for Elizabeth’s Truthful Tuesdays.
Supah Mommy is starting a book club (watch out Oprah)!! In honor of her book club all of her All About Meme Monday questions revolve around books.
- What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading two books The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner. The Lost Symbol is great, so far it has been my favorite in Dan Brown's The Davinci Code triology. And Best Friends Forever is really good so far, I just started reading it last night and I tend to like all of Jennifer Weiner's books. - When do you find time to read?
I usually read right before I go to bed at night. Sometimes I’ll only read for fifteen minutes, other times I will read for an hour depending how much I am into the book. I also read sometimes on my way to and from work when Daniel drives. - Where do you do most of your reading?
I read in the bathtub, it is so relaxing and it is the one place where I have no distractions. My husband knows if I am in the tub not to bother me and if Cecilia decides to wake up (which is very rare) he knows to take over daddy duty. I also read in bed right before I go to sleep. - How do you choose what to read?
I have my favorite authors, Jennifer Weiner, Dan Brown, Sophie Kinsella, Nicholas Sparks, John Grisham, Emily Giffin, the list goes on and on…but I just read whatever looks good or whatever friends recommend. I would have never read the Twilight series, but after so many of my friends swore that I would love it, I read it and they were right, I was hooked! - From where do you get most of your books?
I get the majority of my books from Amazon, bookstores or Target. I also borrow books from friends, we trade books back and forth. I really need to join a book swap club online. - What do you with your book after you finish reading it?
I’ll usually put it away, if it is really good I’ll reread it. I also let friends borrow them. - What are your book (reading) quirks?
I have to finish a chapter before I put a book down, I can never finish in the middle of a chapter. It’s a huge pet peeve of my mind.
To join in on this week’s All About Meme Monday head over to SupahMommy or Mommy Brain’s blogs.
Then in today’s blog carnival, Truthful Tuesday's Elizabeth at Confession’s of a Working Mom asked us:
Being a mom has changed me completely, I think in a lot of a ways I am a different person then I was a year ago. A lot of that has to do with becoming a mom to this beautiful girl nine months ago:

Then some of it has to do with my mother in-law’s recent diagnosis and not knowing what tomorrow will bring. Motherhood has taught me not to sweat about the small things, what matters is the time I get to spend with my family. Who cares if my house isn’t immaculate? Who cares if I don’t cook a well-balanced meal every single night? Who cares that my hair has a ton of split ends? What matters is that I have this beautiful little girl in my life and every day she amazes me more and more. What matters is that I have a great family who could care less what I look like or what my houses like (well sometimes D likes things in order, but he has gotten a lot better about not being as OCD about the house). I have really learned in the last year that you need to live for now, because you never know what will happen tomorrow.
How has motherhood taught you to let go? To join in on this blog carnival head over to Elizabeth’s blog.


2 comments:
I JUST learned about the "All About MEme" yesterday, and think I'm going to have to participate next week... by the way, I love combining a bunch of my favorite blog carnivals into one post like you did today! I do just that every Friday!
~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom
I am so like you with the book thing. I hate stopping in the middle as well. And I read every night in bed before I go to sleep. Without it, I find it hard to go to sleep.
Post a Comment