Friday, January 15, 2010

Five Question Friday: 01/15/10

My Little Life

Yay it’s finally Friday! This week has flown by, I decided to take time out of my busy day of training one of my co-workers to participate in Mama M’s Five Question Friday. You too can participate in Five Question Friday by visiting Mama M’s blog. She promised us if she had 100 people participate this week she’d do a giveaway soon, so hurry over her to blog and participate NOW! It’s fun, I promise ya!

Here are the questions and my answers for this Friday:

  1. Worst trouble you ever got into as a teenager?
    I was a really good teenager, I really didn’t get into any big trouble. Sure I talked back to my parents and I had the teenage attitude, but I was a good kid. I think the worse trouble I ever got into though was when I was stopped for speeding on my way home from a bonfire at a friend’s house one night. My curfew was 11:00 and I was pushing it so I sped through the small town where my dad was Chief of Police. When I got pulled over the officer didn’t recognize my car, because it was a dark and he wasn’t really paying attention. However when he walked up and saw it was me he said, “Oh no! I am so sorry!” He had already called my tag into the dispatch center so he had to write me at least a warning. I was going 45 in a 30. Not good. He told me he wouldn’t tell my dad about the incident, but I knew my dad and I knew he was waiting up for me. I also knew that the police scanner was probably on at the house and my dad had heard my tag ran. I went home, told my dad and I was grounded for three months. I could only drive to and from school and work. I wasn’t allowed to go out with friends or go to any school activities such as dances or football games.
    Everyone always thought, because my dad was Chief of Police that I got away with everything, but what they didn’t know was that my dad expected so much more of me then he did anyone else and he expected me to abide by the law.
  2. Are you a morning person or a night person?
    I am very much a morning person which is going to have to change very soon, because of my new job. I will be working until 10:00 at night which is when I am usually going to bed.
  3. Are you a one-handed or a two-handed Texter?
    I am very much a two handed texter, I have a keyboard on my phone and it is a lot easier and faster to text with both hands.
  4. Democrat, Republican, or Independent..or maybe even Green Party (whatever that is).
    I am a democrat (gasp!) and I come from a family of Republicans. With that being said I don’t always vote strictly democrat, I vote for the best candidate.
  5. Are you a pet person?
    I am very much a pet person! I love animals. Our dog, Cari is part of the family.


    I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and for those of you who have Monday off enjoy your holiday! I technically have the day off, but I’ll be in my office part of the day cleaning it up and tying some loose ends before I leave.

    And remember head over to Mama M’s to participate in Five Question Friday!

5 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

That's crazy about your dad-- my husband is a sheriff's deputy, and I KNOW he will treat my daughter's curfew violations the same way. And he'll probably have the scanner-- and a shotgun-- ready at the house!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Jos said...

Oooh - my parents had that damn scanner in their house, and my dad wasn't even the Chief of Police - it was just a small town! They always heard about my speeding tickets before I even got home. :(

Nice to hear from a fellow democrat - I was feeling like the odd ball our reading everyone's FQF entries!

Mama M. said...

Hey Mindy! Loved your answers! Two handed texting is the way to go!


Mama M.
My Little Life

Mama Bee said...

Good answers! I can see why it would be tough being a Police Chief's daughter!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

leah @maritalbless said...

I love these Q&A's! My sweater is from American Eagle, I swear I think I'm still a teenager and it seems to be the only place I shop.

You are not crazy and I can't wait to read your post!