Yay, it is Wednesday, which is hump day for me this week! I was getting used to these three and four day work weeks. This is my first week in three weeks that I have had to work a five day work week. Shame on them, I am just kidding, I do enjoy my job (most of the time)!
Well speaking of work..and Wednesdays, it’s time for Julia’s Working Mom Wednesday! For the first WMW of the new year, Julia is asking us, “What is your most embarrassing moment?” Wow, that’s a hard one! I embarrass myself on a daily basis, so it’s hard to think of one moment that was the most embarrassing!
Okay, I thought of one! I was 16 years old and I was at the beach in Ocean City, MD with one of my bffs, Becky who was visiting from Colorado. I have never been the type of girl who just goes to the beach to lay out. If I am at the beach, you’ll find me out in the water riding the waves. On this particular day Becky and I were boogie boarding. I had a great body back then (even though at the time I hated it) and I was wearing a new bikini that tied up top and the bottoms tied together too. Not the best kind of bathing suit to wear if you are planning on being out in the water. You couldn’t tell me anything then, I thought I knew everything!
I am sure you see where this story is going. Anyway, Becky and I were having a blast riding the waves. Then the unthinkable happened, a wave came and knocked me over. It also pulled my complete bikini bottoms off and my top came untied, it didn’t leave anything to the imagination. The wave pulled me under and I washed up on shore, without any bottoms. Wow! Ocean City is the most popular beach in Maryland and I think half of the state was there that day. I hurried up covered myself as much as I could with my boogie board and got back in the water to where I was covered up. Becky luckily grabbed my bottoms and I managed to put them on in the water.
I was so embarrassed. After I made it to shore, I packed our things up and high tailed out of there. I didn’t even want to go to the boardwalk for lunch. Becky had to convince me otherwise; luckily no one laughed and pointed at me on the boardwalk. So yeah, lesson learned, don’t boogie board in a bikini! At least it still gives Becky and I something to laugh about over ten years later.
If you are visiting my blog for the first time, please leave a comment. I love getting comments! If you would like to join in on Julia’s blog carnival you can go here!

4 comments:
Ouch! That has to hurt the ego! I have come close to that many, many times at the beach (which is part of the reason I don't go in the surf anymore!), but I've never had it actually happen!
~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom
never had a bikini body for this to be a concern...but can still imagine the feeling! oye. but you're right something to look back on
oooh. good one! i mean, so sorry it happened. ;)
funny to look back now i'm sure. and isn't funny how back when we were teens, we hated our bodies, now we would kill to have that body back??
GREAT story girl!!! :)
Ha ha ha! I can so relate. But I wasn't boogie boarding, I was at Big Surf in Phoenix with my friend. I was 16 too. I washed in on one of the fake waves, stood up and this huge guy with red afro curly hair looked at me and said "looks like you lost one." Wow. I hadn't even realized half my top came down. My friend peed herself she laughed so hard.
Post a Comment