Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Truthful Tuesdays: Talent

It’s another cold and snowy Tuesday here in Delaware. I am over this cold weather. It is one thing for us to have a few days here and there below freezing, but the whole month of January our temps have been well below freezing. I hate it. Anyway, on a lighter note it’s time for Elizabeth from Confession of Working Mom’s Truthful Tuesdays.

Confessions from a Working Mom

Her question for us today is “What talent do you wish you have…but don’t?”

At first I thought I would love to be able to sing, because for the life of me I cannot carry a tune. Then I remembered another talent I wish I had even more, I wish I was crafty. I am the least crafty person you will ever meet. Guaranteed! I always hated art class in school, because I could never draw. My drawings consisted of stick figures. It is quite sad. I thought after high school and college that I wouldn’t resent that I was not passed the crafty gene from my mom (who is extremely crafty), but I was wrong.

Now I watch my friends and family scrapbook and I wish I was that creative. I have watched friends free-hand paint their baby’s nurseries and I get jealous. I see posts on the Nest of someone taking a coffee table from a yard sale and turning into something that you would find in a Pottery Barn catalog. I can only hope that by some miracle Cecilia has that crafty gene, because neither Daniel nor I have any artistic talent.

What talent do you wish you have, but you don’t? You can join in Truthful Tuesday’s by going to Elizabeth’s blog, also while you are there read some of Elizabeth’s other posts, you won’t be disappointed. She is an amazing writer and I love reading her posts.

If you are visiting my blog for the first time, please leave a comment, I love comments and I promise to return the favor and I'll comment your blog!

4 comments:

TAMMY said...

Oooh, craft talent. I didn't even think of that one! I have some craft talent, but not near the level that I wish I did. I have thought about taking some craft type classes. You know like a painting class? Have you ever tried any classes?

Daenel T. said...

I love to create things and it seems that my children have picked up the hobby too. Maybe you could take a class or sit with your girlfriends and "pick up" some tips.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I love that you want to be "crafty"-- I've tried my hand at scrapbooking, and I think I'm ok at it... that is, until I see some of my friends with REAL talent; then I realize what a novice I am!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Anonymous said...

{raises hand}

I, too, am an untalented crafter. I think the gene skipped me, because everyone in my entire family is, but not I. =( Glad to know I'm not alone!

~Toni @ Hemp & High Heels