As I said in my previous post my grandfather cleared our lot. I am ecstatic that this process is finally beginning!
Here are some pictures of the lot after it was cleared. As you can see we still have to cut down a few trees, but we are planning leaving most of the trees there. It will be nice to have some shade when we having picnics in the summer.
Here are some pictures of the lot after it was cleared. As you can see we still have to cut down a few trees, but we are planning leaving most of the trees there. It will be nice to have some shade when we having picnics in the summer.
Looking at the lot from the road

Another picture of the lot from the road.

Standing in the middle of the lot looking towards the road.

I am excited there seems to be a few kids in the neighborhood, Daniel said he saw a lady take in a 6 or 7 month old little boy in the house across the street and while I was there yesterday I saw two little girls around 5 or 6 playing in the back yard of a house a few doors down. Daniel also went over and introduced himself to our neighbor next door. He said she seemed really nice, she lives there with her husband. She said all of their kids are grown and out of the house. Hopefully they’ll be good neighbors! We are lucky now and we have great neighbors, we’ll definitely miss them when we move.
The next step we have to do is to take out a few more trees and get the soil evaluation for the septic system. They did a soil evaluation five years ago, but unfortunately it expired in June! So we have to pay to have another one done. Luckily, because of Daniel’s field of work he knows the guy who did the original soil evaluation and he agreed to come out and do the work for a little less then what he would charge someone else.
I will be so happy when everything is done!
2 comments:
I hope it all goes smoothly! we are putting an offer on a house in Denton this week so hopefully it all goes in our favor~!
Woohoo! This is so exciting Mindy! And wow this lot is HUGE!
Post a Comment