Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Birthday, Pop Pop!

Last night, Daniel and I went over to my grandparents to celebrate my grandfather’s 73rd birthday! I don’t believe my grandfather knew that everyone was coming over, because he was dressed for bed when we arrived at 7:00. Opps. Anyway, needless to say he was happy to see everyone!

I am very close with my grandparents, they are my only living set of grandparents left. My mom’s parents passed away when I was young. Daniel has lost both sets of his grandparents too, so we really treasure the relationship we have with my Mom Mom and Pop Pop K. We try to get over to their house at least every other week so we can see them and they can see us (and Cecilia).

Here is a picture of my Pop Pop with his two great-grand daughters (taken with my cell phone, I had my camera, but no memory card), Cecilia and Alexiz. Doesn't my Pop Pop look great for 73?


I love how Cici and Lexi are looking at one another like “What are YOU doing here?” Pop Pop loved watching his three granddaughters, Racheal, Lisa and I grow up and he loves watching his two great-granddaughters grow up. I know he would especially love it if one of us granddaughters would have a boy, but I am beginning to think us K girls don’t produce boys. :)

On Saturday, my parents are cooking my grandfather a nice dinner at their house so we’ll celebrate his birthday once more.

I love you, Pop Pop! Happy birthday and I hope you have many, many MORE!

P.S. Please pray for Daniel’s mom. Daniel took her to Hopkins for her first chemo treatment today with the new and less-aggressive chemo therapy.

0 comments: