I am having a “Girl’s Night In” party on November 6, 2009 for my girlfriends. A friend of mine recently became a consultant for Pure Romance and asked me to have a party. At first I hesitated, that is definitely not my type of thing, but the more I thought about it, the more fun it sounded! What’s better then a night in with your girls, some drinks, good food and good entertainment? I am kind of a prude when it comes to some sexual things, but I think this will be a fun time!
Anyway, my dilemma is planning the menu. I want to do several different types of appetizers and desserts which is normally not a problem, BUT I have a friend who recently became vegan and won’t any animal products. This includes, cheese and sour cream which are in most of recipes! What to do?
Here is my menu:
Appetizers:
Buffalo Chicken Dip (I really didn’t want to make this – it seems more like a football party or poker recipe, but my friends are requesting it or they won’t come)
Vegetable pizza
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Fruit Tray with cream cheese fruit dip
Meatballs
Pepper Jelly and Cream Cheese with crackers
Pumpkin Dip with Ginger Snaps
Desserts:
Brownies
Cupcakes
Pumpkin Roll
Drinks:
Wine
Hot Apple Cider (not sure whether to have it with alcohol or not?)
Sodas
A sherbet punch
What do you think? Do you have any vegan ideas that non-vegans would like as well?
Monday, October 19, 2009
Help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I would ask your friend (do I know her?) what she would suggest. I hope I can be there! I think it will be fun.
Post a Comment