I am sorry for neglecting my blog. I would love to write and say that I have been busy, but that’s not the truth. I have been spending three wonderfully lazy days with my beautiful daughter! Yup, that’s right I had an unexpected mini-three day vacation that was great. I am insanely jealous of all of you stay at home mom’s out there.
Late Friday afternoon I received a phone call from my mom telling me that she accepted a job offer. For those of you who don’t know, my mom has been unemployed since January after the company she worked for closed. In February she scared us all when she fell down the steps and broke her shoulder in multiple places, which called for months of physical therapy before she could go back to work. In June, she was given the okay by her doctor to return to job hunting so she had been on the hunt for a job ever since. My sister in law watched Cecilia for us over the summer, she came to our house and stayed there with her, but once she started college my mom started watching her. I loved that we didn’t have to put Cecilia in daycare yet, but we knew that my mom watching her was temporary. So my mom started her job Monday, which left us without a daycare.
Daycare in the Dover area is insane, you are put on waiting lists when you are pregnant and you pray that you get a call back before your baby is born. Cecilia has been on the waiting list at several daycares in the area since mid-July, one had called us to tell us that they have an opening, but after discussing it with Daniel we decided not to go with that center. So you can imagine on Friday, I was frantically making calls trying to find someone with an opening. I lucked out when one of my co-workers suggested a home-day care provider who lives between our house and work. I called her Friday and we set up a meeting for Monday evening. Luckily I have an awesome boss and after telling her the situation she agreed to let me have Monday off and she knew that I may need additional days off.
Daniel and I met with Miss G. on Monday and absolutely loved her! She is around our parents’ age and has two daughters that are in their late 20’s. She has been doing home day care for over 25 years and her house was adorable. The kids had their own playroom, a room for naps and their crafts were hung up all throughout the house. Cecilia seemed to love Miss G too so we decided to go with her. She had just put all of her infant things away so she asked if we could wait until next Monday to start. We agreed so that meant I had to take off Tuesday and Wednesday and Daniel had to take off Thursday and Friday in order to have coverage for C this week. Another the great thing about Miss G? Her price was right! She was nearly $30 to $50 less then other daycare centers and providers in the area.
I loved every second of staying home with Cecilia these past three days. We played with her toys, sang songs, read a ton of books and took naps (I wish my work would implement a nap time during the day for employees). Every night we had dinner ready for Daniel when he came home and the house was clean. I wish financially we could afford for me to stay at home, but I know it’s not possible.
Next week I am going to be a complete wreck. Cecilia has never been watched by anyone, but family. She is a momma’s girl and likes to be held and loves having mommy or daddy's full attention. I am hoping with other kids around she’ll be intrigued by them and won’t be as needy. I trust Miss G. though and hopefully C will make out just fine.
A weekend update will be coming soon (although it won’t be much of one), we had a very laid back weekend!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
I'm back (and well rested)...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
yay for finding somewhere you like! C should be fine esp if the lady has been doing daycare for 25 yrs! glad you got to spend some time home with your baby girl!
Post a Comment