As 2008 winds down I just wanted to look back on the last year. It started off to a rocky start, Daniel and I had moved out of our old house is November of 2007 and moved in with my in-laws (his mom and step dad). We had originally planned to build a house, but after dealing with a shady builder (who is on the verge of bankruptcy now) we pulled out of our contract. We then spent months looking for a house! We had a contract on two different houses, one of them couldn’t pass inspection due to something stupid the sellers were not willing to fix and the other just wasn’t meant to be! I love my in-laws to death, but living with them in an older two bedroom farm house was not ideal conditions, especially for a newlyweds. I was used to having privacy and living in a small house like they did, we definitely had no privacy.
In July we managed a weekend away and in that weekend away we conceived our daughter! At that point, I told Daniel we needed to find a house and find something quick. I was going crazy living with his parents, and I wanted my own home again.
Finally, in September of 2008 a contractor Daniel knows through work offered us a wonderful deal on a brand new construction home! We accepted his offer and in October of 2008 we moved into our new house! While the house has some things I would like to change about it (make the dining room larger and take the carpet out), we love it! It is perfect for us and the baby. I am looking forward to a great 2009!
I always make resolutions I never keep, but here are my New Years resolutions for 2009!
Even after having the baby try to cut out caffeinated sodas. I haven’t had a caffeinated soda since August.. I still like my sweet tea though, but I only indulge in a glass or two a week!
Try to pack my lunch at least four days out of the week. We definitely need to continue to budget our money with the baby on the way…and eating out three to four times a week doesn’t help!
Once the baby is born getting my pre-baby body (and an additional 20 pounds) back!
Try to be more organized!
Try to enjoy my job more..at least in today’s economy I should be happy I have a job!
I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years Eve! We are going to a party over to Daniel’s dad and step mom’s tonight! I am hoping I will be able to stay awake until midnight!
Xoxoxo ~Mindy~
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Happy New Years Eve!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Happy New Year Mindy! Great resolutions - very inspiring!
Post a Comment