It is amazing how the little things matter most. As I mentioned in a previous post, Daniel and I are on a strict budget with getting a new house, a baby on the way and Christmas we are trying to save money. Saving money means little or no eating out. Don’t get me wrong, I love cooking dinner at home, but every once in awhile its nice to go out to dinner.
Friday night, D and I did some Christmas shopping. I had assumed we would eat something at home considering Daniel had just told me the night before that if we want to save money we need to cut things out and one of those things is going out to dinner once or twice a week. I was shocked when he pulled into the parking lot of Niko’s, one of our favorite local places. Niko’s has GREAT food at very reasonable prices and the portions they give you are huge. For under $30 (including tip) we had two bowls of cream of crab soup (delicious!), a shrimp basket with fries and onion rings (D) and a Greek Salad that was in a huge serving bowl (me). Neither one of us could finish our entrees so we had to take them home for leftovers.
It was great to get out and have a “date night” with my hubby! One of the things our Pastor told us in pre-marital counseling is that you need to take one night a week and have a date night. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, even if its just eating a nice quiet, dinner at home. He told us not to talk about work, but to focus on us and our relationship. We have been really good about keeping up the date nights and I plan on keeping up the date night after the little one is born. It may not be every week, but at least once every other week will be great.
Little things like date nights make my week!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Little Things Make Me Happy
Posted by Mindy at 1:53 PM
Labels: Date Nights
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment