Today is a huge day for our family. Daniel’s mom is getting married to his “step dad.” They have been together for thirteen years and engaged for seven years and they finally decided to make it official. They told us the news on December 13th while we were on the way to a Christmas party at Daniel’s step sister, Tammy’s house. Daniel has considered Ernie his step-father and Tammy and Kim his step-sisters for years so this is only going to make everything official and give his mom a new last name.
It will be a very small ceremony at the courthouse (hopefully inside, because it is freezing outside today!). Afterwards we are having everyone back to our house for pizza and wings. It will be very informal, but Daniel’s parents didn’t want anything fancy. They want to have a bigger celebration in the summer at the beach.
I spent last night doing a quick cleaning of the house, wrapping presents, baking and giving Cari a bath. I got up at 5 this morning to bake bread pudding for work and to finish up cleaning a little. I had the hardest time finding something to wear for today. I want to look nice, but most of my work clothes are grays and blacks.. and the few maternity shirts that I have that are red are ¾ sleeves and in 18 degree weather that might not be a good idea! So I settled on a skirt (from my pre-maternity days), a black top (I can’t get away from the black…but its one of the only shirts I had to go with this skirts) and black boots. I hope I don’t freeze in it!
I plan on taking pictures today at the ceremony and tonight at our house. I wish I had my new camera (which hopefully will come at Christmas!), but I will have to take pics with crappy point and shoot for now.
It will be a very small ceremony at the courthouse (hopefully inside, because it is freezing outside today!). Afterwards we are having everyone back to our house for pizza and wings. It will be very informal, but Daniel’s parents didn’t want anything fancy. They want to have a bigger celebration in the summer at the beach.
I spent last night doing a quick cleaning of the house, wrapping presents, baking and giving Cari a bath. I got up at 5 this morning to bake bread pudding for work and to finish up cleaning a little. I had the hardest time finding something to wear for today. I want to look nice, but most of my work clothes are grays and blacks.. and the few maternity shirts that I have that are red are ¾ sleeves and in 18 degree weather that might not be a good idea! So I settled on a skirt (from my pre-maternity days), a black top (I can’t get away from the black…but its one of the only shirts I had to go with this skirts) and black boots. I hope I don’t freeze in it!
I plan on taking pictures today at the ceremony and tonight at our house. I wish I had my new camera (which hopefully will come at Christmas!), but I will have to take pics with crappy point and shoot for now.
Oh and as promised here’s a picture of my new brown hair. I took it at work with my camera phone today.. Please ignore the way my hair is styled, thanks to my bangs not wanting to cooperate today. You get an idea of the color though..
2 comments:
How exciting for you all! Enjoy!
Your hair is not that dark! It's cute!!
Wow congrats to your in-laws, what an exciting day for the family!!
Love your hair - so perfectly natural, looks awesome!
Post a Comment