Friday, December 5, 2008

We Had A Visitor........

We had a visitor at our house today. I had asked my mom if she could stop by our house on the way home from shopping to let our Cari, our dog out. Daniel and I are going shopping tonight after work and we won’t be home until later. I hate Cari being stuck in a crate all day so whenever we can’t get home at the normal time, I’ll ask my mom to go over and let her out.

My mom was more then happy to let her “granddog” out, but when she got to our house there was another dog on our back deck. My mom called me and told me about the dog, she said it was really nice and wanted to play. So I called Daniel and he said if the dog had a collar he would hate calling the SPCA and getting them in trouble for a loose dog. He told me as long as the dog is friendly, not to worry about it.

My mom sent me a picture of the dog via cell phone..isn’t he or she cute?




The dog got along with Cari great and when my mom went to leave the dog jumped into the front seat of her car. It wanted to go for a ride. My mom said she came so close to taking it home, but she didn’t know if it was someone's pet (it had a collar on, but no tags). We live on a busy road so I hope the dog doesn’t run out into the middle of it… Daniel is calling around to our neighbors to see if the dog belongs to anyone. Hopefully he or she will go back home to its family.

Update: The dog has a home! Daniel ended up calling the SPCA. He said the last thing he wanted was someone's pet get killed by a car in front of our house. The owner had reported the dog missing. His name is Blue and he traveled two miles to our house. The owner was out looking for him when Daniel called her. Hopefully Blue is still at our house and she won't have any problem finding him.

0 comments: