Merry Belated Christmas! I hope everyone had a great holiday! I definitely did and as always it was fun to spend it with my family and friends!! Over the holiday, the wonderful Danielle from Random Ramblings tagged me so I must now share my Christmas traditions! As many of you know Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday! Through the years Daniel and I have been able to combine our family’s Christmas traditions and I look forward to doing so with our kids!
So here we go:
- Daniel and I started a tradition on our first weekend away together (to Williamsburg, VA), we always get an ornament of places we visit (even if it is a day trip somewhere). They make for great memories when decorating the tree!
- Another tradition, which is something we didn’t get to do this year, is we always visit Ronny’s Garden World in Smyrna, Delaware. Ronny’s has tons of trees decorated in different themes and we love to go every year. This is something we will definitely continue with the baby.
- Every Christmas Eve we spend with Daniel’s mom, his step-dad, stepsisters and their families. This year we hosted Christmas Eve at our house and it was great as always! We eat a lot of good food and open presents! It is great being together. There are always three presents we can guarantee on getting every year from Daniel’s mom and step-father, a pair of pajamas, a toothbrush and dental floss (Daniel’s mom is a dental hygienist).
- Christmas morning we go over to my parents for breakfast. For as long as I can remember, my mom has fixed Chipped Beef Gravy on Christmas morning. Many people stick their nose up at the thought of Chipped Beef Gravy, but I LOVE it. Luckily, Daniel does as well! Next year, we are going to continue the breakfast tradition, but instead of being at my parents house it will be at our house so the baby won’t have to leave on Christmas morning and my parents can watch her open her presents.
- Daniel’s dad’s side of the family is Italian and an Italian tradition on Christmas is you must have some kind of Italian food for Christmas dinner or lunch. Every year we eat lunch with Daniel’s dad’s side of the family and every year you can always guarantee there will be lasagna or ziti along with ham and turkey! Its really good!
Since Christmas is over, I won’t tag anyone else with the Christmas tradition post, but if you would like to do it, please feel free to! Expect two more posts later on today or tonight on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!
0 comments:
Post a Comment