I cannot believe my baby is seven months old today. Where has time gone? I never really believed people when they said kids grow up too fast, now I do. I think back to this time last year and I was just now feeling her move in my stomach…It seems like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital.
Cecilia is learning new things every day. She is “talking” more then ever and holds “conversations” with us. She is becoming more independent and doesn’t like to be held all the time. She is perfectly content rolling or creeping around on the floor (we haven’t got crawling down quite yet) or sitting in her high chair banging her rattle or plastic cups against the tray while I am cooking dinner. She loves being outside and taking walks; she’s very observant of everything around her and takes it all in.
She still hasn’t said her first word, we’re waiting patiently. I joke it will be Cari, the name of our dog since she is so fascinated with her and gets more excited when she sees Cari then when she sees Daniel or I. She is becoming quite the fashionista, and helps me pick out her clothes every morning. We’ll walk over to her closet and she’ll grab an outfit or two. Her favorite color is pink or at least I tell myself that, because she always goes for the pink outfits, but then again the majority of her clothes are pink. I have hopes she is going to be a girly girl, she loves watching me get ready every morning, blow drying my hair and putting on makeup. She sits quietly in her bumbo seat and watches me. She also loves to shop, whenever we go to the mall or to Target, she is happy just sending in her carrier and taking everything in. She doesn’t like to grocery shop though, but then again neither do I.
Her favorite part of our bedtime routine is story time, every night she gets so excited when either Daniel or I choose a story to read to her, she likes to read them to us too, in her own little language. I am looking forward to after Thanksgiving, when I can start reading her Christmas books! Her favorite stories involve animals, especially The Poky Little Puppy and I Love You, My Bunnies. She also likes books by Sandra Boynton especially the Little Pookie ones.
I am excited about the upcoming month with Cecilia, by the time she’s eight months we would have celebrated her first Thanksgiving, put up the Christmas tree and have started many new Christmas traditions. I love this year of many firsts, and I look forward to many more years of traditions. I love you, Cici, Happy 7 months! Stay tuned for her 7 month picture (we are taking it tonight, I’ll post it on here tomorrow).
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Seven Months
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Awww, she sounds like such a happy baby. Good luck taking the picture tonight. It gets harder and harder.
Post a Comment