Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cic's 6 month well check up

I took Cecilia for her 6 month shots yesterday. It amazes me how whenever she is scheduled for shots, Daniel happens to be so busy at work he can’t get off. He just wants me to be the bad guy and take her by myself. When we arrived at the pediatrician’s office, Emma and Shaun were there for Gage’s two week check up. So of course Emma and I had to get a picture of the two of them next to one another.



Cecilia’s exam went well. She is right where she needs to be developmentally. The doctor did comment that she seems extremely flexible, so my dreams of having a future gymnast may come true (if Cecilia wants to do gymnastics that is). Her 6 months stats are:

Weight: 16.6 lbs. (50th percentile)
Length: 27 ¾ inches (100th percentile)
Head Circumference: 42 inches (50th percentile)

Then again my dreams of her being a gymnast may be short lived. Not many gymnasts are tall, but my parents said I was always in the 100th percentile for my length and now I am considered average (or short in my opinion) at 5’4.

After the fun part of her weight and height measurements came the dreaded shots. We only did the DTAP as recommended at 6 months. We opted not to get her the H1N1 or flu shot right yet. Both Daniel and I are still undecided. She did really well with her shots, no ear piercing screams this time around. She was a little cranky last night, but we spent a lot of cuddle time together so hopefully that made her feel better.

The doctor did inform me that she should be close to sleeping through the night at this point and that I should start letting her cry it out for fifteen minutes before I go into her room in the middle of the night. Then even then I should not pick her up, but just rub her back and let her know that I am there. We didn’t try this last night, because I still felt guilty about the shots, but tonight I will attempt to follow the doctor’s orders when she wakes up.

The good thing is if Cecilia remains healthy we won’t have to return to the doctor’s until her nine month appointment in February! Time is flying by!

1 comments:

Tim and Patience said...

Yay for a good appt. I do ours alone. Tim never came to any of my appt when I was preg (except for the u/s where we found out what we were having) and he has yet to go to an appt for BEn. Though he DID go when we first brought him home and had to get all the blood drawn.

That is what we did with Ben for the first night.. no more than 15 mins. if he goes longer than that I check to make sure he doent need to burp etc. but now he's down to like 2 or 3 and he's out for the night. good luck!!