Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Big Day Yesterday!

Yesterday was a huge day for our family, my husband accepted a new job with a different company. We are excited about the new opportunity, he will be doing essentially the same thing he does now, but for a private company. I hope he will be a lot happier here, he has grown bored with his current job and with the new job he will be out in the field a lot more and in the office a lot less! He has the potential to earn more then twice as what he is making now!

Congrats, Daniel!!!!

The best part about the new job? In a year we may be able to afford for me to be at a stay at home mom for a few years! I still might work part time somewhere to earn some "me" money, but I will have more time with Cecilia and Daniel which is what I want. We also can start trying for baby number 2! (yay!!!)

Also a good thing about the new job is I have started seriously looking for another job as well, I am willing to take a pay cut, because of Daniel's raise. It's not a secret that I hate the hours of my job and I am not happy there so hopefully I will find something else very soon! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

The other good news? The Flyers are Eastern Conference champs which means, we are going to play in the finals!!!! Before this year I was not a hockey fan, the last few months though I have gotten Flyer fever and have been rooting along with my hockey obsessed husband for the Flyers!


Photo courtesy of DelawareOnline.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job!!! That will be so great that you will be able to be home for a few years!!!

brittney said...

wow a new job?? thats great!! tell him i said congrats, i definitely hope he likes it better than his job now. btw, i miss you guys!

Tim and Patience said...

I really hate having to find out everything on here.....I thought it was going to be a while before baby #2....im outta the loop!!!!! email and update me girl!

Julia Ladewski said...

Mindy, so sorry about your loss, but yay on the new job! that's awesome!! :)