Hi, it's me again. I am that girl who blogs like once a month. Yeah..sorry about! I am going to try to be better...the key word is try.
So guess what? My girl is getting big. It's killing me. She is no longer a baby. She is still not walking, I swear one day she will just take off. She does great walking along furniture and holding onto us with one hand an walking, but taking off by herself? Not happening. Hopefully soon though!
She had her first haircut yesterday. I was an emotional wreck. Just further proof she is growing up.
I took her to a salon near my house. I have gotten pedicures there, but never got my hair cut there. When I called around to see how much kids cuts were they were one of the least expensive places. I couldn't see spending more then $20 on a baby's hair cut.
At first I thought I would try to put Cecilia in the chair by herself. She wasn't having that though.Here is Cecilia and Dawn her stylist. Dawn was great with Cecilia. She has two year old daughter so she was used to cutting kids' hair.
Cecilia didn't want to sit in the chair by herself so instead she sat on my lap. Thanks to my mom for taking these pictures. I was had tears rolling down my face after that first initial cut.
I love her expressions. She never actually cried, but you could tell she didn't want to be there.
The finished product! I was glad I could still put her hair in pig tails! Without the pigtails she looks like a little boty..
Cecilia and her certificate! Notice in the lower corner that window, the salon put all of her hair in a little baggy and it was displayed in that corner.
I was impressed on how well behaved Cecilia was for her hair cut! This is only the first of many trips to the salon. I can't wait for mommy and me pedicures. :)
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Cecilia's First Hair Cut
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the pigtails! {and I feel the same way about my daughter, that she looks like a boy without them!} Glad you survived this first milestone!
aww she looks cute!!
Post a Comment