Wednesday, May 19, 2010

3 Years

Daniel and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary today and I have to say it was the best yet! I had been disappointed I couldn't get tonight off of work so to make up for it, I surprised Daniel with breakfast. I was going to try to serve it to him in bed, but Miss Cecilia had other ideas and woke up at 5:45 this morning instead of her usual 6:45.

One of D's favorite breakfasts is stuffed french toast. He always orders it when go out to brunch at one of our favorite restaurants. I had never attempted to make it myself, but I turned to my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook. I had planned on taking pictures while I made it for here, but I was rushing to get it done so Cecilia wouldn't have to wait too long for breakfast. Once I heard Daniel in the shower, breakfast was almost finished. I set our table with Daniel's grandmother's china and placed his card and gift in his chair.

When he walked into the kitchen, he had a shocked look on his face. He asked what smelled so good and when he saw the French toast a huge smile came to his face. Before he set down though he went out to his truck and brought my gift in, he gave me a card with a gift certificate to get a manicure and pedicure. I can't wait until I get to use it.


It's not technically leather (the handles are), but I am definitely not complaining.


Our cards were completely different. Mine was super sappy as always and his was funny. Inside my card I wrote about how difficult this last year has been for us, we survived our first full year as parents, we built a house, we dealt with family illnesses (mainly his mom's battle with cancer) and deaths and I changed jobs and work schedules. I wrote that if we survived this past year, I think we can survive 50 more.

His card was cute, on the front of it it had a picture of a couple chatting, then as you opened it said "Happy Anniversary, everyday is like our wedding day, except for the drunken relatives." and he beside that "mainly mine." I will never let him live down that his step mom had the nerve to pee on our dance floor after she had a ton to drink at our wedding reception. Three years later and I am still mortified by that, but what can you do?

In closing here is a few pictures from one of the best days of my life. Happy anniversary, Daniel, I love you!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I *love*your dress!!!!

Tim and Patience said...

Happy anniversary..(I know im a little late!) Im glad it was so great!