Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mother's Day Mania

Photobucket

Mama M over to My Little Life is hosting a blog carnival, Mother's Day Mania! Each day from today until Mother's Day Mama M has topics for us to blog about.

Today's topic? "Whoopsie Wednesday" Every mom I know has had at least one "whoopsie"with their little ones. I've had a few, but luckily Ci is still in one piece and is happy and healthy. The biggest whoopsie happened when Cecilia was only a few months old.

Every morning as I would get ready for work I would put Cecilia in her bouncer and set it in the bathroom as I was getting ready. This particular morning I forgot something so I ran back into our bedroom to get it, as I was walking through the bedroom to the bathroom I heard a thump and then my daughter's cries.

Daniel and I both rushed in the bathroom, apparently Cecilia had tried leaning forward and actually flipped her bouncer and it was upside down. Luckily she was fine as soon as I scooped her up. I was the one who cried uncontrollably for what seemed like hours. After that Cecilia's bouncer was retired to the attic, because I didn't want any other "whoopsies" like that happening.


Cecila & Daniel's step mom (and the infamous bouncer) in September 2009

Want to participate on Mother's Day Mania? Visit Mama M's blog and join in!

3 comments:

Mama M. said...

Those dang bouncers! LOVE your Cecelia's name! Glad she was okay!!

Sandra said...

I had one of those with moments with a bumbo chair, which was retired pretty much immediatly!

Have a wonderful Mothers day, and I am now a new follower due to this great blog hop!

Sandra

Beth said...

My son had one of those when he was little too. One of his favorite places those first couple of months. Seems like he flipped his once too. Amazing the things I thought I would remember forever but don't anymore. Nice post! :)