Thursday, January 8, 2009

I have already broken a New Years Resolution, but...

It was for a good cause! One of my resolutions was to bring my lunch more for work. Today I did bring my lunch (leftover chili), but I got an e-mail from my boss telling us about a fundraiser being held by Jake’s Hamburgers benefiting Michelle Smith, an EMT killed by a hit and run driver while helping a crash victim on December 20th. Twenty percent from sales today at all Jake’s locations in Delaware would go towards a trust fund for Michelle’s daughter. I remember hearing about the accident and being heartbroken that a little girl is now without a mother due to some drivers carelessness. You can read about the accident here.

Anyway, I went over to Jake’s with some coworkers and ordered a Jake’s cheeseburger and cheese fries. I have not indulged in Jake’s cheese friends for years and they were as good as I remember them. The Dover Jake’s was packed at lunchtime and hopefully all the Delaware Jake’s were as well. If you live in Delaware and want to eat a good (not necessarily healthy dinner – although they do have salads) go to Jake’s tonight before 9:00 PM to help support a great cause!

2 comments:

ThoughtsON said...

I don't think it even counts as broken for such a good cause! Now I want cheese fries LoL

Trace said...

What a great cause!