Monday, January 5, 2009

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009!

Here’s a late New Years Eve recap! I would have done this sooner, but we had a really busy weekend this weekend (more on that in another post!). We spent New Years Eve over to my FIL and SMIL’s house. They hosted a “Black and White Party.” My SMIL loves anything black and white, as you will be able to see by her kitchen.

A few of their friends came over, most of them Daniel has known for the majority of his life. We had a lot of fun; there was a lot of great food and drinks (even non-alcoholic ones for me). Everyone kept on asking me if I missed drinking and honestly I don’t. I never really have been a big drinker so to me it’s nothing.

I am still learning with my camera so please excuse some of the pictures.

The food table in the kitchen, can you tell she likes black & white?


The "shots" table. Ready for lemon drops! :)

Daniel & me (at 26 weeks) ready to bring in 2009!

The girls in their black white!

The guys in their black and white!

Ready to bring in 2009!


Of course while everyone else is partying, my husband is watching hockey! :)
Practicing with my new camera

Everyone is fascinated by Susan's vibrating Tide thing.. don't ask! :)

Something funny on the cell phone..


Getting ready to toast in the New Year!




Daniel celebrating a couple second before midnight!


2009!!!!!!

Daniel & his dad giving one another a New Years hug!

My SMIL on the phone with my SIL wishing her a Happy New Year.

I love this pic of my SMIL and FIL!

The "A Family" has a lot to look forward to in 2009! In April our little bundle of joy will be here, in June my SIL, Lauren graduates high school and my FIL turns 50! My MIL turns 50 in August. We also have several friends also having babies in 2009! So far a total of 6 of our close friends are expecting in 2009!

2009 will have hardships was well, my MIL has six months of chemo to go through and then another several months of radiation. It is going to be extremely difficult, but she is a strong woman and will get through it.

I hope everyone had a great New Year and will have an ever greater 2009!

1 comments:

Trace said...

Great recap, and Happy 2009 Mindy! Love the pics, you and your hubby are such a cute couple!