Wow! Oh, how I have missed blogging! It has been weeks since my last post. I thought with a new job and my new hours I would have more time for blogging, boy was I wrong! So what have I been up to in the last month? A lot.
I started my new job on February 1st and thanks to two blizzards I only worked four days my first two weeks there. When I actually started my schedule of 2:00 pm until 10:00 pm Friday through Thursday I hated it. I was ready to quit, take a pay cut and go back to my old position. I missed Daniel, I hated having to go to work at 2:00 and leaving him and Ci at home. I also wasn't crazy about my new position and my new coworkers. I had left behind a job I loved and people who were not only coworkers, but some of my best friends. For example my first Sunday night working at my new job I had a conversation with one of my coworkers and she informed me that several of our coworkers were on anxiety medicine and one had even been out of work for a month, because of stress. I really began to reconsider my career move.
However, after many tears and talking it over with Daniel we decided that I need to stick with my new job for at least six months. If after six months I still hate it, then I can begin looking for something else. In the last few weeks I have began to like my a job a little more, I still hated my schedule though. Last week the oppoturnity approached me to put in a bid for a new schedule that was still 2:00 until 10:00, but I'd be working Sunday through Thursday, giving me Friday and Saturdays off. I decided to go for it and I got it. I am hoping the new schedule will be better and maybe I will actually enjoy what I do again. There is still hope eventually I will be on day shift in a year or two. I would love to be able to work 6:00 am until 2:00 am and to have my evenings back with my family
The only advantage of going in at 2:00 is I get to spend my mornings with Cecilia. We try to sleep in until at least 8:00, but usually she is up around 7:00. Then we take our time eating breakfast. After breakfast, we'll play with her toys, read stories and learn new songs. Then she will go down for her morning nap around 10:30 and she is usually awake by noon. We'll eat lunch and then it's usually time for me to go to work and Ashley, our nanny comes to the house until Daniel gets off at 5:30.
Since my mornings are spent playing with Cecilia and while she naps I clean and do things aroung the house I haven't had a lot of opportunity to blog. I miss it, I miss my blogger friends and reading about your lives. I really do think of a lot of you as friends, most of you know more about me then my actual friends in real life do. How sad is that? I was excited when one of my "blogger friends" found me on Facebook and said she missed reading my posts and updates about Cecilia. (Thank you, Julie, that made my day!) So I decided to put aside some time a couple nights a week to blog again. I need a creative outlet and to stay in touch with my "friends".
On a house update, we should be going to settlement very soon. There was some miscommunication problems between us and our builder. Sometimes I think having a husband who works in the construction field and is very detail oriented is not a good thing. We went for a walk through last week and after a few changes we should be in the house by March 10th. Building the house has definitely been a challenge so I will very happy when we're in it.
I have a ton of posts to work on, including a recap of our Phoenix vacation. I am looking forward to getting back in the world of blogging, I've missed it......
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Busy, busy, busy..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I've missed you too!! And I also think of my blogging buddies as friends too!
Post a Comment