First off I hope everyone had a safe and happy Fourth of July! July 4th is one of my favorite holidays for many reasons; I love summertime, I love picnics, fireworks and everything else that is associated with the holiday AND it is a week from my birthday. Yes, even at almost 26 years old I still get giddy about my birthday…
Anyways, back to the weekend. We had a wonderful weekend and as usual it went by way too fast even with the extra day off of work!
On Friday, I had a hair appointment at 9 to get my hair cut. I wanted something different, I was tired of the long layered look, even though Daniel loved it. It took forever to blow dry in the morning and most days instead of styling, I would put it back in a pony tail, because when you have an infant there are much more important things to do then your hair! So I took the plunge, I made an appointment with a new stylist at a new place and explained to her what I wanted. She thought the look I wanted would look great on my hair and cut away..
I went from this….
Anyways, back to the weekend. We had a wonderful weekend and as usual it went by way too fast even with the extra day off of work!
On Friday, I had a hair appointment at 9 to get my hair cut. I wanted something different, I was tired of the long layered look, even though Daniel loved it. It took forever to blow dry in the morning and most days instead of styling, I would put it back in a pony tail, because when you have an infant there are much more important things to do then your hair! So I took the plunge, I made an appointment with a new stylist at a new place and explained to her what I wanted. She thought the look I wanted would look great on my hair and cut away..
I went from this….
To this (taken on my way home from the hair appt.)
When I went home after my hair cut I had planned on getting some cleaning done since we had no other plans for the day… well that quickly changed! Daniel’s mom and step dad just bought a place down to the beach and were moving in and remodeling it this weekend. Daniel had planned to go down and help them on Friday, but then his mom invited all of us of down for the night so away we went. I packed in record time for Cecilia and I (under a half hour) - we dropped Cari off at my parents and away we went to the beach. I ended up forgetting my camera – so I wasn’t able to take any pictures.
We had a nice and relaxing time down there and Cecilia made out really well on her first overnight trip, she slept in the pack and play great at night. She was a little fussy, because we didn’t go out to dinner until 8:00, which is when we normally start her bedtime routine. Once we got back to the house, I gave her a bath, nursed her, put her down and she slept until 4:30 the next morning (and after nursing her again – she stayed asleep until 8!). We didn’t get a chance to actually go to the beach while we were there, but next time we’ll definitely get to the beach and the boardwalk.
Saturday we woke up bright and early and went home so all three of us could take a nap and then go to my parents house for a small picnic. Cecilia was still a little tired once we got there so she took another long nap, but once she woke up and was fed she was all smiles for everyone.
Cecilia & her Great Aunt Bonnie
Daniel, me and Cecilia (several people were taking pictures so we weren't sure what camera to look at!)
Cecilia & mommy
Sunday, we had our friends Chris and Bekah and their twins over for a small BBQ. Chris is Daniel’s best friend and because of our crazy schedules we don’t get to see one another as often as we would like. Their twins, Nathan and Natalie are almost five months old – two months older then Cecilia. They get bigger everytime I see them! Overall all three of the babies were on their best behavior, until we decided to sit down and eat – Nathan was in Cecilia’s swing, Cecilia was in her bouncy seat Natalie was on the gym play mat. They were all content, but five minutes into eating the crying started so I held Cecilia through the meal and Chris and Bekah each had one twin.Here are some pictures from yesterday:
Natalie + Cecilia = BFFs!

Nathan, Natalie & Cecilia
We had a wonderful weekend and I hated to see it end, we have another very busy weekend next weekend - my birthday (yay!) and one of my very good friends is getting married (double yay!).
1 comments:
oooh... cute hair cut! i've always wanted that cut, but i'm too chicken! looks good! beautiful girl you have!!! :)
Post a Comment