Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Watching The Scale

Ever since I had Cecilia, I am trying my best to watch what I eat! Daniel and I have been great about not buying junk at the grocery store and sticking to the healthy things to snack on such as fruit and veggies. While I was out on maternity leave I managed to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (also thanks to breastfeeding). However, now that I am back at work I am tempted by all the goodies my coworkers bring in; doughnuts, cakes, cookies..you get the point AND I tend to eat out with my coworkers a few times a week and I always don’t make the best food choices (Chick-Fila’s fries, a taco salad at LaTonalteca, etc). I am scared to step on a scale, because I fear I have gained weight since being back at work.

Then this weekend didn’t help any. I ate a lot of junk at my parent’s picnic and then when Chris and Bekah came over Sunday, Bekah brough a whole plate of brownies and ended up leaving most of them with us so I have been snacking on them ever since! Not good! I can feel my clothes getting tight again!

So operation just say no begins tomorrow – say no to that delicious cake that J baked or the doughnuts the boss brought in just because. It is going to be so hard, but I know I can do it.. I want to get back to the weight I was before I started working here! Keep your fingers crossed that I can achieve that!

I am going to start tracking what I eat on Sparkpeople . Then for my birthday I asked my parents for the Wii Active. I am going to try to work out at least five times a week. With our pay cut (more about that later) a gym membership is out of the question so I figured the Active is the best way to work out. Do any moms out there have advice on how to find time to work out with a newborn? I am thinking the best time to work out will be after she goes to bed around 8:30…

I just really need to keep myself motivated. I am hoping this blog will help out with that..I will weigh in weekly and let everyone know how many pounds I lost (or gained..)! I promise it won’t turn into a weight loss blog, I’ll keep those posts minimal!

0 comments: