Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Recap

Another busy weekend has come and gone! I come to work on Monday’s to rest! I am not complaining though, I love having plenty of family and friends to keep me busy!

On Friday night we went over to my parents for dinner and some pool time! Cecilia went swimming for the very first time. She loves bath time, so I was hoping she would love the pool – we weren’t as lucky! She screamed the whole time and once she was out, dried and put in her regular clothes she was a happy baby again!



On Saturday, I went with my mother-in-law, Paula and sister-in-law, Tammy to the Kenny Chesney concert at Lincoln Financial Field in Philly. Tammy and I try to see Kenny on tour every year and this year Paula decided to come with us. So we left the girls (Karra and Cecilia) at home with their daddy’s while we were at the concert. I took pictures, but I forgot my camera card at home so I will upload them on here sometime soon!

The first band to play was Lady Antebellum. This was my second time seeing Lady A, the last time I saw them in Summer 2007 they opened for Carrie Underwood and I had no idea who they were. This time around I definitely knew who they were and knew the words to all of their songs! They were so good and had great energy on stage! They even did Michael Jackson cover in honor of the King of Pop.

The second performer was Miranda Lambert. Miranda looked amazing in a tealish blue dress and cowboy boots! She had to be sweating on stage, because it was hot out on Saturday. I thought Miranda did a great job and I definitely am more of a fan of hers now!

Next up was Montgomery Gentry. MG is one of Daniel’s favorite bands, I like them, but they aren’t my favorite. I love the fact that they are so patriotic and really take time out of their show to thank the troops! Troy and Eddie put on a great show as always (it was my third time seeing them in concert!).

The last band we saw was my favorite….SUGARLAND! It was my third time seeing Sugarland and they were even better then the last time I saw them (which I didn’t think was possible). I love the energy Jennifer and Christian have on stage and they definitely get the crowd involved!

We ended up leaving after Sugarland, Daniel’s mom was getting tired and since we had all seen Kenny before it wasn’t a big deal to miss him. Besides I was ready to get home and see my baby girl (it had been my longest time away from her)! Luckily since we left before Kenny performed we had no trouble getting out and didn’t hit any traffic. We were home from Philly in just over an hour and ten minutes.. it normally takes us around an hour and a half to two hours.

0 comments: