Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Whole Lot to Celebrate!

Soooo I promise I haven’t disappeared from the face of the Earth! I am still here. We have been insanely busy the past few weeks. I reluctantly returned back to work after eight weeks of maternity leave last week. It was not easy…leaving Cecilia was very hard, but at least I know she is in good hands with my sister in law, Lauren for the summer. When she starts at an actual daycare is when I will really worry!

Work has been work.. it feels as if I have never left now, I am back into the swing of things. I still don’t love my job, half of the time I don’t even like my job and the pending pay cuts that are on the line for us (we’ll find out on June 30th if we will be getting a pay cut), make things a little more scary! I won’t stress about it though, whatever happens happens..my husband is stressing about the pay cuts enough for both of us!

Our weekends for the past five weekends have been packed full of picnics and celebrations!

June 2nd - Daniel’s dad turned the big 5-0! We celebrated with a surprise birthday picnic for him and 100 of his closest friends!

June 3rd - Daniel’s baby sister, Lauren graudated high school! I am so proud of Lauren! When Daniel and I started dating she was his bratty little sister who was in middle school she is now one of my best friends! Congrats, Lauren!

June 13th - My mom had a birthday, it wasn’t a milestone birthday, but she is another year older! Happy Birthday, Mom!!!

June 17th - Cecilia turned TWO months old!! I cannot believe it, it seriously just seems like yesterday I gave birth. She is growing so much and she is learning something new every day.

June 20th – 25th – Daniel’s step sister, Kim and her boyfriend, Brian are visiting from Arizona! They moved out there almost two years ago and we miss them very much! Kim has been back to visit twice, but this is Brian’s first time back. They both met Cecilia for the first time on Sunday, unfortuanetly Cecilia was sort of fussy and anytime either of them tried to hold her she screamed! She is definitely a mommy’s girl and when I am around she wants me.

June 21st – Daniel celebrated his first Father’s Day. We kept it pretty low key..we had a busy day that day, but Cecilia and I both got him a card and a picture frame that says I love my daddy with a pic of Cecilia in it.

As you can see we have been busy, busy, busy and we won't have a free weekend until July 24th! I love the summer time!!!

0 comments: