Monday, February 9, 2009

With The Good, Comes The Bad..

I am sorry I have not been blogging a lot lately. I am exhausted at night after work and we have been extremely busy at work. I also haven’t had a lot to blog about. I hate only blogging with depressing news..but today I received great news (twice!) so hopefully things are starting to look up!

First off with the bad news, as I mentioned Daniel’s mom’s cancer is back. She has been getting chemotherapy treatments once a week since January 2nd. She went for a CAT scan on Thursday and they found out that tumor has turned black. That can mean one of two things, that chemo has killed it or that it has gotten worse and has possibly spread. If it has gotten worse, they are going to give her more intense treatments where she will have to stay at John Hopkins for five days at a time, and then she will be home for a week and then go back for another five day treatment. She is scheduled to have surgery to remove the tumor in April.

April of course is the month that I am due…his mom was really upset that she would miss the birth of Cecilia, Daniel and I were really disappointed too. I cried myself to sleep on Thursday night. Work on Friday was a nightmare; I had only had two hours of sleep (and even then they were not two hours of deep sleep). I had a doctor’s appointment at 11 (everything went well, the baby is doing great), and afterwards I decided to take a half-day and go home. Daniel had off so it was nice to just relax around the house with him. We ended up taking a nap that afternoon, Daniel only slept for an hour..I slept for three hours!

The rest of our weekend was pretty low key. We spent a lot of time with our family and enjoyed everyone’s company. When we got up this morning, Daniel saw he had a text message from our friend, Chris saying that his wife Bekah had been taken to the hospital and would deliver their twins by C-section sometime today. This was very exciting news! Bekah has been on bed rest since December and she’s been miserable, the twins weren’t due until the end of March, but they decided to take them a few weeks early. Chris called Daniel around 8:30 AM and the twins were born, both are healthy! Nathan weighed 6 pounds and Natalie was almost 5 pounds!

I was ecstatic over the news of Chris and Bekah’s twins that I didn’t think my day could get any better! Well, then I found out my cousin, Jessica is pregnant! Jess and her husband, Wes have spent the last three years trying to conceive without any luck. They recently went through their first round of IVF and luckily it worked! We find out more news tomorrow when they go to talk their doctors.
So with bad news, comes good news! I am keeping my fingers crossed that we continue to get more good news, and less bad news…

2 comments:

Tim and Patience said...

You didnt tell me about your cousin! I will def send congrats her way!

remember what I told ya. determination is a powerful thing. Daniel's mom may not miss the birth! We will keep you guys in our prayers.

Mindy said...

Yeah, she definitely won't be there to see Cecilia be born, she will still be going through treatments and with the radiation and how intense the treatments are we won't be able to bring Cecilia to Hopkins.