Thursday, February 12, 2009

The LONGEST Week EVER!

This week has been the LONGEST week ever….

We received more bad news on Tuesday morning, the doctors at Hopkins don’t believe this second round of chemo will help shrink Daniel’s mom’s tumor. They are still going to go through the intense chemo treatments, but there is not a very good outlook. As Daniel’s mom said, “It’s not over til it’s over!” She plans on making the best out of her time with us!

It is definitely a hard time for us, what is supposed to be one of the best times of our lives is turning out to be one of the worst. Of course we are still ecstatic about me being pregnant and welcoming Cecilia into our lives. Daniel still talks to my belly every night, he loves watching and feeling her move and we try to decide which way she is positioned.

On Saturday night, Valentine’s Day we’ll be going over to Daniel’s mom and step dad’s house for dinner. His stepsister, Tammy and her family are coming up as well. It will be great to spend time with everyone and enjoy each other’s company. Our niece Karra will be one next month and every time we see her (and we see her at least once a month) she has grown so much!

Daniel and I have never been a couple to make a big deal out of Valentine’s Day anyway. We usually get one another a card and small gift. I think Valentine’s Day is a commercial holiday and I would rather he do little things for me throughout the year, then just one day, because Hallmark says so! My ex always used to send me a dozen roses on Valentines day, he never sent any other time… Daniel knows that my favorite flowers are lilies and usually two or three random days out of the year he’ll send me flowers to my office. There have been other times during the spring and summer when I pick him up from work that he will have picked flowers for me.. Little things like that mean so much more to me then roses on one day out of the year, because he feels he has to.

Wow, well this post turned into a random one!! I am really going to start posting more.. I need to start taking more pictures. We have had beautiful weather here in Delaware for the last few days. It almost made me want to get my flip flops out, but then I heard that it was supposed to snow on Saturday so I didn’t want to get used to it! I cannot wait until it decided to get warm and stay warm! I am tired of winter, I am tired of snow and ice, I am tired of wearing heavy coats… I want SPRING!!

1 comments:

Julie said...

I tagged you on my blog...go check it out.